blackink
@

Hey first post here… I just got my first professional tat. All my others are stick n poke from when I was young/ riding trains and shit…

So all of my stick n poke tats are a greenish black color, I used india ink for all of them. This is the color I like and I find it looks more traditional than multi-colored tattoos.

When I got my professional tattoo I asked the artist for the greenish black color. He said that that is “just how black ink fades into the skin”, and led me to believe that my tattoo would eventually fade to the greenish-black color I want as he proceeded to use black ink.

Now 3 days after I got it done, the tattoo is still literally JET BLACK, and I really want it to be the greenish color like I expected and always got from india ink.

I made it clear to the artist that I did not want the tattoo to be jet black.

What is the deal with this, tattoo experts? Does anyone have any idea if my tattoo is going to fade to the color I want, or am I gonna be stuck with this awkwardly jet black wrist bracelet tattoo forever?

Would maybe going into the sun help it fade out better.

It hasn’t begun to scab or flake or peel yet, and I have been applying ointment and lotion sparingly.

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

wait for it to heal all the way, because it WILL lighten up when it does. as for turning greenish, i’d say as black ink fades it turns more of a blueish color if anything…

leefishlock
Participant
@leefishlock

Hey dude. Yeah I have some black ink tattoos. One of them was done a good 4/5 years ago and the ink does fade, but as Apostle said, more of a blue/black shade as apose to the green indian ink colour you are looking for :confused: Sorry bud

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.