maybejane
Participant
@maybejane

i know this wont be accurate, but im just curious as to what this MIGHT cost, so i have some idea of what to expect when i go to get a quote on the cost of getting this.

i want to get an outline of this dali inspired elephant
t_3416_02.jpg

im thinking maybe three, along the inside of my right foot, from the start of my toe, back to where my ankle knob bone thing is. i know the shop i want to go to has a minimum base cost of $50, if i wanted 3 outlines on my foot, about that size, how much do you think it would cost?

gnarly
Participant
@gnarly

Probably $86

Or maybe $94

Possibly $150

Could be $120

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

Did you even look at the picture Gnarly?
Why answer if your not going to make any effort.
With that kind of picture you have to be talking more like.

Probably $87

Or maybe $93

Possibly $148

Could be $116

I wish people wouldnt rush into give silly answers to important questions it just makes us all look silly.
Think on………

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

You are looking at around an hour’s worth of work if it was just outline – but I would also recommend some shading or colour as the tattoo may look a little bare/empty.

If you are going abstract I would suggest thickening the lines a little it is all personal taste.

As for cost it will prob be around $90 -$120 that said I always say carry more to be on the safe side as you never know what you may want to add or change.

The best thing is to save up $200 that way you know you will have plenty and spending money left over if it is cheaper.

Take Care
Matthew

Mmildf
Participant
@mmildf

Gnarly is right though so don’t be so hard on him. It depends on the shop. From what I’ve noticed an average for good shops is between $125 – $250 and hour with a $60 – $80 minimum. Now with that said I’ve also seen some really amazing shops that are a $400 minimum(trying to discourage small tattoos)

The best thing you can do is to consult a professional tattoo artist and get a quote.

Cheers
marcus

UPDATE: Didn’t see the bottom a $50 minimum and you just want three outlines its possible you might just end up paying $50 – $100 but you never know. Like Matthew said $200 is a nice safe number.

gnarly
Participant
@gnarly
Cornishtiger;69999 wrote:
Did you even look at the picture Gnarly?
Why answer if your not going to make any effort.
With that kind of picture you have to be talking more like.

Probably $87

Or maybe $93

Possibly $148

Could be $116

I wish people wouldnt rush into give silly answers to important questions it just makes us all look silly.
Think on………

LOL!

Maybejane,

the only way you can get an accurate quote is to get it from the artist you plan on getting the work from. It looks like a really cool idea, post pictures when you get it!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.