mmaylahn
Participant
@mmaylahn

So I want to get a tat on my ribs that says “Everything Happens for a Reason”. im not sure if i just want the words or incorporate something else into it as well. if i do incorporate other things into it, i would want symbolism of: tranquility, love, hope, truth, loyalty, trust, peace, family, honor, etc etc. those types of thoughts.

Here is something i had drawn up as an idea. the quote with olive branches. could you give me any feedback? suggestions? like? dislike? etc 🙂

One thing that is important, im a dude. i dont want it looking too girly (which i feel this design boarders).
thank you!

the design
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/1935/0511101704.jpg
my placement
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/4050/0511101755.jpg

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

My answer to you if you are looking for honesty:
I like the idea, but, to me it looks kind of feminine. I’m just some random person on the internet but I would consider finding a way to make it a little more masculine.

My answer to you if you are looking for validation or you already got the tattoo:
The font is cool! Who did your work? My wife needs a good tattoo artist.

EDIT: Welcome to the forum, don’t take anything I say personally, I didn’t realize this was your first post

mmaylahn
Participant
@mmaylahn

I feel as if it is way too femine, which is part of my reason for posting the link. I want it to be that type of thing, but more masculine. any ideas?
and where are you located? if you’re in the la area, i can recommend a couple places

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

The leafs look a little flower like to me. I would see if there was a different kind of filler? Maybe use some bamboo or some kind of wind lines like what you see in the background of a japanese tattoo.

I’m sure some other people on here will have something more to add.

CourtneyLS99
Participant
@courtneyls99

Personally, it’s not something I would get…But it doesn’t look bad. And I agree, the leaves make it look pretty feminine.

mmaylahn
Participant
@mmaylahn

oh i like that idea. bamboo could look real cool. what about a dove? is there a place i could place on in. have it with like really dark shading on the wing tips fading as it gets closers to its body. i want a lotta cool shading

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

i would get the whole thing reworked. it definitely looks very feminine.

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

*claps and jumps up and down excitedly like a 12 year old Japanese school girl*

Yay for getting a cliché tattooed on your body that everyone and their brother’s all ready got! Meaningless twaddle for the win mother fuckers!

The design’s solid, but do you really want such an empty phrase used to justify any and everything on you?

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Apes
Participant
@apes
KnightHawk;67632 wrote:
*claps and jumps up and down excitedly like a 12 year old Japanese school girl*

Yay for getting a cliché tattooed on your body that everyone and their brother’s all ready got! Meaningless twaddle for the win mother fuckers!

The design’s solid, but do you really want such an empty phrase used to justify any and everything on you?

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Yay for liking a chiché band!

Kusoh… Nothing in life is original. If thats what he wants then thats what he gets… I think its alittle too femmé and a little large and you’d have to spin around for people to read it. other then that like the font. but it is way too girly… 😀

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

Dude, don’t piss on his Idea… looking through your tat album you have a metallica tattoo. I would bet that there are more people with metallica tattoos than this “meaningless twaddle cliche” tattoo.

Don’t let this hold you back. If these words mean that much to you than you should get it done. Just find a way to make it more masculine.

mmaylahn
Participant
@mmaylahn

haha i dont let people like that bug me bro. no worries. if someone real feels that they should spend the time trying to make people feel like shit to make themselves feel better, just shows they are trying to mask their insecurites and dont got shit better.

and yeah those words have a lot of personal meaning to me, so i def want it. ive been wanting it for the last bout 18 months. i think i wanna incorporate olive branches and a dove into it cuz of the symbolism of tranquility and serenity. ideas on making it more masculine?

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

id keep the lettering and have a broken stone background

Poesy
Participant
@poesy

Unless you particularly want plants etc, you could always go for a celestial fated sort of them – like solar system sort of stuff. Really ties in the ‘reason’ part and whilst maybe not being particularly masculine definitely isn’t feminine.

Someone on here, I can’t remember who so hopefully someone else can, has an amazing solar system, planets and stars theme sleeve and it’s gorgeous.

Just an idea?

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

I really like the stone wall and the solar system ideas. It will pull in the whole meaning you are going for a lot better while making it a bit less fem. As a guy that has a tramp stamp, trust me, you won’t regret thinking this through! lol

anjayenunciates
Participant
@anjayenunciates

I’m guessing that you already know this, because in the first picture, you re-drew it out with the correct spelling, but in the design you cut out, REASON is misspelled and says RESON?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.