jjxcass
Participant
@jjxcass

My idea was a bright and simplified version of horse anatomy since horses are my job/hobby

0423001133a.jpg

colors.jpg

(sorry about the awful coloring – photoshop is broken so I had to use an online thingy)

Basically, what I want is a medium/palm sized horse colored in a very painterly way – similar to this artist’s work:

http://www.amandawachobtattoo.com/

I love it bright like that. The actual horse would be done more like this:

http://nortagem.deviantart.com/art/Color-Motion-94314770

But with the colors less blended/dark.

This would be my first tattoo (either upper thigh or shoulder area) so what should I expect time and price wise? Also, can you recommend any good artists in the Socal area?

vizzielover
Participant
@vizzielover

Hi, you should check out Tagen’s album, she has the best horse tatto I have seen in a long time – what is your job with horses?

jjxcass
Participant
@jjxcass

I do like hers, especially the colors. Not really me stylewise though. Job is starting as a horse trainer. Lots of work and little pay!

vizzielover
Participant
@vizzielover
jjxcass;66417 wrote:
I do like hers, especially the colors. Not really me stylewise though. Job is starting as a horse trainer. Lots of work and little pay!

Which type of horse trainer, racing, dressage, show jumping? I love horses too, I ride regularly but only hacking out, not a marvellous rider but I enjoy it, my eldest granddaughter, aged 7, loves riding too. She has just started having jumping lessons!

jjxcass
Participant
@jjxcass

Eventing! I’m focusing mainly on dressage right now, but eventing is the eventual goal

xdarcyxdearx
Participant
@xdarcyxdearx

my second tattoo is going to be a da vinci style horse
and then i’m getting a pin up wearing hunter show clothes on my calf.
i LOVELOVELOVE horses. its hard not to be addicted

but i love your idea. although your colors probably wont be that bright. but it is a wonderful idea if you can find a good artist. i would look at portfolios and focus mainly on people who do good color, and then look for abstract-like tattoos. then youll know youre getting what you want.

vizzielover
Participant
@vizzielover
jjxcass;66427 wrote:
Eventing! I’m focusing mainly on dressage right now, but eventing is the eventual goal

Eventing? I’m too windy, don’t like jumping at all. My granddaughter did a freestyle to music dressage test the other week, only in her riding lesson, she had to make up her own test to include walk, trot, canter, serpentine, two changes of rein, 20m circle and use up all of the school in her test. She made a really good job of it and got in all of her moves and did a lovely halt and salute – her face was so serious too. All this done on a riding school pony, I was very proud of her needless to say. She didn’t get the best marks but didn’t get the worst either! And she’s only just 7 yrs old!

jjxcass
Participant
@jjxcass
vizzielover;67176 wrote:
Eventing? I’m too windy, don’t like jumping at all. My granddaughter did a freestyle to music dressage test the other week, only in her riding lesson, she had to make up her own test to include walk, trot, canter, serpentine, two changes of rein, 20m circle and use up all of the school in her test. She made a really good job of it and got in all of her moves and did a lovely halt and salute – her face was so serious too. All this done on a riding school pony, I was very proud of her needless to say. She didn’t get the best marks but didn’t get the worst either! And she’s only just 7 yrs old!

Only seven and already involved with dressage – that’s great! Dressage is a great base for anything and is just an awesome discipline in itself with all the ideas about forward motion and connection.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.