freshappeal
    Participant
    @freshappeal

Okay, so I got a tattoo on my foot last Wednesday. I know the whole procedure of wrapping my foot with saran wrap before i wear shoes however on Sunday, I think the saran wrap slid of a tat bit on the outer side of my foot and now that area of my tat is sore. I’m assuming that it’s just irritated but its Thursday and it’s just a LITTLE bit less sore than before. And it also looks like it’s sinking in a little bit. All of my tattoo is black but there’s an area of red where it got rubbed on and that’s the place it’s “sinking in.” Someone told me it was normal for a colored area to look deeper than the rest of the tattoo.

I am still concerned about the soreness though. I’m guess that part of my tattoo is irritated and I don’t know what to do.

sharp shorty
    Participant
    @sharp-shorty

It may be infected, your feet have the perfect conditions for infection and are breeding grounds for all kinds of infecting bacteria. You cannot expose the tattoo to anymore of that. You must wash it completely many times a day, put small amounts of anti-biotic ointment on it and pat it dry with some unused paper towel and let it breath as much as you can, AS MUCH AS YOU CAN, usually I tell my customers to take three weeks off of work and all when getting their feet done, really. Wair sandals or flip flops if you can, never wrap it and expect it to stay, it’s too risky, just keep it away from your shoes. Good Luck!

freshappeal
    Participant
    @freshappeal

If it’s infected shouldn’t pus or something be coming out? Right now it only feels bruised. I’ve asked several of people to look at it and they say it looks fine. I’m the type that’s somewhat paranoid so maybe I’m making something out of nothing right now. I just know that the part where it’s colored in is sore. That area is all the way on the side of my foot. The rest of my tattoo wraps around the upper part of my foot and I have no problems with that part.

I am taking your advice though as far as washing it and putting a little bit of antibacterial. Hopefully that will work. & I didn’t have a problem with my foot while working. The “incident” of my saran wrap slipping happened when I was moving back into my dorm room for college :/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.