jahmanrv
    Participant
    @jahmanrv

Day 6, the oozing stopped after day 3, it was looking great. Starting to form crust like, and getting ready to peel. Now this morning after shower, which I don’t get it wet, it’s bleeding in areas that are very cracked like. Also bleeding in the areas that got stuck to the sheets when it was oozing. It’s on the forarm, which I know is a tender spot….but day 6. This can’t be normal? I’m afraid to put lotion on it while it’s bleeding so letting it just air dry.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Sounds like the artist may have overworked the area or you have clotting issues. I would recommend a light coating of antiseptic cream and get it checked for any signs of infection as you have to make sure it keeps clean.
    I would recommend a visit to the gp and get it checked.
    Also do you have a current photo?
    Take care
    Matthew

jahmanrv
    Participant
    @jahmanrv

I do have a photo but can’t figure out how to add it.

jahmanrv
    Participant
    @jahmanrv

Going to try this again. Doesn’t seem to work adding a photo.

jahmanrv
    Participant
    @jahmanrv

Here it is. Figured it out how to add.
    [/URL]]http://

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

It is not still bleeding is it?

Dan
    Participant
    @dan

“Day 6, the oozing stopped after day 3, it was looking great. Starting to form crust like, and getting ready to peel. Now this morning after shower, which I don’t get it wet, it’s bleeding in areas that are very cracked like. Also bleeding in the areas that got stuck to the sheets when it was oozing. It’s on the forarm, which I know is a tender spot….but day 6. This can’t be normal? I’m afraid to put lotion on it while it’s bleeding so letting it just air dry.”

just a side note,you should have been washing it 2 or 3 times a day since it was done in warm water with the palm of your hand with a OTC anti-microbial soap,no swimming/submerging,but you certainly need to wash it,that will help get rid if the loose dry skin and scabs if any.

mretsang
    Participant
    @mretsang

Are you ok now?
    just really horrible!
    Hope you are fine!

jahmanrv
    Participant
    @jahmanrv

It was infected, and I had to go on antibiotics and Predinsone to reduce the swelling.
    It is healed now, but will definitely need a touch up. Only problem is I think that I am allergic to the Brand of ink that is used at this tattoo place. I have never had an issue before. So I’ll have to get another artist at a different place to do the touch up, but not for a while. Want to make sure it’s completely healed first.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.