jahmanrv
    Participant
    @jahmanrv

Just got my 4th colored tattoo this Friday afternoon, on my dominant forearm. Sat for 3 hours. My last tattoo, about 4 months ago, was a coverup and it got infected. Infection we attributed to the red ink as that was the only spot that it occurred. Because of that, we (artist and I), decided that I should just use unscented soap 2X and nothing else. Took the bandage off after an hour per his instructions. First night Tattoo, stuck to my sheets, and I had to drag the sheets off the bed to remove. So last night I decided to put a non stick bandage on it so it wouldn’t stick to sheets again, just in case. The WHOLE tattoo is completely visible on the bandage this morning. I rinsed off the very slimy stuff with just plain water, used my hand, and not directly under water. Patted dry with a paper towel. I’m not showing any red around the tat, and it’s not really swollen either. A bit tender still, and a little warm, but not hot to the touch. Is this normal to ooze this long and this much? Think I’m might be nervous because of the last one getting infected. I’ve sat for 6 hours before and that healed so beautifully with no problems so don’t get this.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Still oozing ?

harles.M
    Participant
    @harles-m

My bet is that when the sheets stuck to your tattoo, it tore a bunch of your skin off the top and your setback in healing time because of it. Simple cause and effect. You are not describing signs of an infection which is good. You could get some fresh aloe vera on it to speed up the healing.
    Otherwise go with your experience in healing tattoos for you, adjusting for the sheet pull experience…hope this helps and keep us posted.

jahmanrv
    Participant
    @jahmanrv

Oozed on the non stick bandage again last night. That’s 3 days now. Not as much and wasn’t as slime when I washed. Other then that it loOKs good. No ed lines a bit tender but nothing major…nit hot to touch.
    Still concerned though

harles.M
    Participant
    @harles-m

Your whole body is part of the healing process, even being super stressed can suppress your immune system and slow down the healing. Sounds like you are making progress though. Relax, get lots of sleep and keep your nutrition up, so your body has the stuff it needs to remake your skin and heal. Watch a comedy movie and laugh your butt off, for a change of pace, seriously, your body chemistry changes for the better. Tender is normal while healing. Best of luck and keep us posted!

jahmanrv
    Participant
    @jahmanrv

Your whole body is part of the healing process, even being super stressed can suppress your immune system and slow down the healing. Sounds like you are making progress though. Relax, get lots of sleep and keep your nutrition up, so your body has the stuff it needs to remake your skin and heal. Watch a comedy movie and laugh your butt off, for a change of pace, seriously, your body chemistry changes for the better. Tender is normal while healing. Best of luck and keep us posted!

Thanks, I’m sure I’m stressing myself only because of the previous infection, and I’m also leaving for vacation in a week. Probably not the best time to have gotten the tattoo. But it’s done and can’t change that. I’ll have a glass of wine and chill out!! Thank you

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi to begin with you need to allow the skin to breathe as the tattoo is an open wound. I would recommend cleaning down morning and evening with warm water and pat dry. A small amount of antiseptic savlon for one application will also clear the gunk. The ooze is an attempt by your body to scab and won’t harden if moist or you tear the surface by removing the dressing. This is caused by a protein called fibrin and is normal for a surface wound.
    Infection is swelling discolouration and burning.
    Take care
    Matthew
    Also as said stress slows down the immune system

jahmanrv
    Participant
    @jahmanrv

I’ve been letting it air dry during the day. I was putting the non stick dressing on at night to save my sheets from getting ink on it and from the tat actually sticking to the ink. I tried a long sleeve shirt and it stuck to that too. So thought the non stick dressing at night is better. It only oozes when I sleep and I’m also thinking that I probably roll over on it unknowingly. I think your all right and I’m being paranoid. If I never got the other infection the last time, I probably would not be so nervous. I start putting the Keri lotion on in a few more days, but have not put anything else on it other than the Dove unscented soap morning and night.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.