megannannne
Participant
@megannannne

Hello everyone,

I just got my first tattoo about 4, almost 5 days ago. I am utterly in love with it and it is on my wrist, so I just want to ensure it is healing correctly.

Day 1:
http://www.thetattooforum.com/album.php?albumid=7619&attachmentid=13732

Day 4:
http://www.thetattooforum.com/album.php?albumid=7619&attachmentid=13733

The N is in white ink that my artist mixed with brown to make it a little darker and closer to my skin tone. I followed all of the aftercare instructions my artist gave me correctly; washed it with mild soap, A&D ointment, and lubriderm lotion that my artist recommended. I was liberal with the lotion and ointment because I have Type 1 Diabetes (thus the tattoo) and my skin does dry out fairly quickly. It started to peel about 12 hours after I got it done, and now I seem to be entering the scabbing and itching stage. The scabs flake off whenever I put lotion on it or when I am changing my clothes and pulling my arms through the sleeves and I have not picked it or scratched it at all. The N is quite red…I am positive it is not an infection and I am thinking maybe my skin is just having an allergic reaction to the lighter ink.

What do you all think?

Thanks for your help!

-Megan

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum!

I don’t recommend A & D or any ointment with petroleum products in the ingredients. Lubriderm is good in small quantities.
Tattoos take months to heel. The redness should go away.
The issue I have with your tattoo is the ink spreading out under your skin. This is referred to as a “blowout”. It is caused by the tattooer going too deep into your skin.
Give it a time, and keep us posted.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

As I said on the other forum Let it heal up. It will never look good white just doesn’t. Go back and get the N redone in black after it heals up.

megannannne
Participant
@megannannne

I should have explained this in the original post haha. The idea behind the white N is to get it filled it with black when my type one diabetes is cured, therefore the “type none” because I won’t have it anymore. The white ink is symbolic of looking on the bright side of things and knowing that one day it will be type none, I just have to wait.

megannannne
Participant
@megannannne

Thank you! What makes you think it will “blowout” though?

Amok
Participant
@amok

@megannannne 143923 wrote:

Thank you! What makes you think it will “blowout” though?

it doesn’t look blown out to me, no more than expected anyway on the wrist which has thin skin. Post a pic when it’s healed because it’s too early to tell. Looks fine to me though.

megannannne
Participant
@megannannne

@Amok 143924 wrote:

it doesn’t look blown out to me, no more than expected anyway on the wrist which has thin skin. Post a pic when it’s healed because it’s too early to tell. Looks fine to me though.

Thanks! I appreciate it. I went to a really good parlor, so I’m hoping it heals alright.

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

Drying is a part of the game. Only add ointment one time a day, more than this will make the tattoo too moist, and it will hurt, itch and heal slower.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I’m not sure I see a blow out also, maybe just the swelling. keep it dryer (less lotion etc.)

RHCPinYourStep
Participant
@rhcpinyourstep

over ointment strikes again.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.