Akm
    Participant
    @akm

This is my husbands new tattoo. He got it exactly a week ago today and now we’re not sure what’s going on with it. I noticed right when he came home that some areas looked a little raw. He has sensitive skin as it is so I didn’t think much of it. Now, a week later there are areas that are still open and weeping. There is no smell, pain, heat in the area or green oozing. The leaking is more yellowish in color but you can only tell when it’s dried which leads me to believe it’s plasma. I think he’s developed a sensitivity to A&D ointment. He’s stopped using that and only washing with mild antibacterial soap spraying with a bit of bactine and just letting it dry out. I know the spots that have lost ink will need touched up but he’s not even going to bother with that until the entire tattoo has been healed for a few months just to make sure that the ink takes well. Any thoughts or insight are greatly appreciated!

image-1.jpg

image-2.jpg

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

if there is no heat or pain then it most likely isnt infected. but the last pic on the bottom i see some redness below the legion so it MAY be infected? were those areas scabbed up and the scabs just fell off recently?

Akm
    Participant
    @akm

@yodaddynukka 124693 wrote:

if there is no heat or pain then it most likely isnt infected. but the last pic on the bottom i see some redness below the legion so it MAY be infected? were those areas scabbed up and the scabs just fell off recently?

The artist had used a red permanent marker to line out the curves on the bottom of the piece. He hasn’t scrubbed the area to get the permanent marker off. It’s possible that it’s redness from infection though. I just chalked it up to being red ink left from the permanent marke.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

I haven’t used A & D ointment since I discovered it has cod liver oil in it. I use the dry wrap method, wash frequently with anti bacterial soap, then apply a thin layer of fragrence free moistureizer like Aveena, or Cetaphil. It will take a few weeks to heel. I had spots just like those at one time. I put some B.F.I. antiseptic powder on them. They cleared up in a few days. (Stop using A & D!)

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Mark the edge of the redness with a blue pen and keep an eye on it and see if it spreads. You need to stop treating it as a tattoo it is already fucked up so start treating it as you would a wound.
    That shit looks like it hurts.

Akm
    Participant
    @akm

@Sam-I-Am 124697 wrote:

I haven’t used A & D ointment since I discovered it has cod liver oil in it. I use the dry wrap method, wash frequently with anti bacterial soap, then apply a thin layer of fragrence free moistureizer like Aveena, or Cetaphil. It will take a few weeks to heel. I had spots just like those at one time. I put some B.F.I. antiseptic powder on them. They cleared up in a few days. (Stop using A & D!)

I had no idea there was cod liver oil in A&D either. I am surprised that so many artists still recommend to use it on healing tattoos. I’ll see if I can find some B.F.I here. How did your spots look after they healed up? I am assuming they needed a good touch over when they healed all the way. I appreciate the advice, thank you!

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Akm 124702 wrote:

I had no idea there was cod liver oil in A&D either. I am surprised that so many artists still recommend to use it on healing tattoos. I’ll see if I can find some B.F.I here. How did your spots look after they healed up? I am assuming they needed a good touch over when they healed all the way. I appreciate the advice, thank you!

There is no evidence of them at all. I used Tea Tree Oil mixed with the moisturizer until the bad spots were fully healed.

(I had an alergic reaction to a numing agent that had my leg swollen for over a week.)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.