IrishEgyptian
Participant
@irishegyptian

Hey all!
My name is Phil, I’m an ER/Trauma nurse with 28 tattoos and 9 piercings. Aside from having to care for all those, being a nurse has helped me come up with some neat aftercare tips. Feel free to message me or comment to ask questions! G’day from Adelaide!

Cheers.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum!

Sam

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

What are your opinions on the dry healing method?

IrishEgyptian
Participant
@irishegyptian

Jerryatrophy,

DON’T.
You run into so many skin problems. You’ll run a risk of cracked skin, ink falling out, and a tattoo is an open wound, so you’re inviting infection. Asepsis is your goal, so use ointment and lotion once the redness has faded (after about a week and a half- this is normally an indication that he tattoo has “healed” over, and the epidermis is dying off) to be safe.

IrishEgyptian
Participant
@irishegyptian

This also goes without saying, but hypoallergenic soap and washing it when you shower as well.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

Hi there, nice to have you on forums ๐Ÿ™‚

What I do is wash the tattoo gently with just lukewarm water to get rid of any plasma, excess and blood. Then pat dry/air dry and apply a thin layer of Bepanthen every day few times a day.

Then once itching and peeling starts I use a very simple moisturising lotion.

Has worked so far for me ๐Ÿ™‚

Is it true that washing or using an antibacterial soap/product on your new tattoo is a bad idea as it also kills the bodys natural good healing bacteria? (not something I use anyways but just wanted to know from what I have read)

lowprofilejoe
@

cool… saving this page.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.