squadx
Participant
@squadx

This has been “somewhat” answered before…but I am asking more directly in terms of the time length I would be exposed. My artist travels between 2 sides of the US, and I have normally directly all questions at him, but he is unavailable for a few days

I am 7 days out, (will be 9 or 10 by the time I do go exercise). But I run in a location that is extremely hot, and this week is going to be quite hot…90s and pretty muggy. I personally love running in this weather, but will extreme sweating for a time frame of 45mins to 1hr 30min be a risk only 10ish days out? There is no where to cool down and “stop sweating” in that 1hr or so.

The piece is a dark black tribal type on the back side/tricep area. Slightly above elbow (but does hang out under a t-shirt) to beginning of armpit.

Healing of this piece is basically still just some minimal flaking, a little glossy in some areas.

Thanks in advance,

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

There are some who will wait a full 2 weeks before returning to their regular exercise routines, but I’ve never taken off more than a week. Honestly, I wouldn’t really worry about it after the first 3-4 days.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Exactly what defiance said appart from i don’t wait a week because im a lazy cunt.

squadx
Participant
@squadx

haha thanks for the answers…it’s my first tattoo, and didn’t want to screw something up being inpatient.

i had already discussed heat/sun with the artist, just didn’t think of how sweaty i’d be getting until this gross humidity rolled in this week.

all i know is next time i will plan it during winter when my skin is in hibernation.

once again thanks for the info

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
Wardy;114731 wrote:
Exactly what defiance said appart from i don’t wait a week because im a lazy cunt.

lol :D……

squadx
Participant
@squadx

on this same topic, will sunSCREEN be a bad idea only 10 days out?

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
squadx;114822 wrote:
on this same topic, will sunSCREEN be a bad idea only 10 days out?

Yes. Avoid sunscreen until the tattoo is completely healed (6+ weeks). If you’re going to be out in the sun, you need to cover it (long sleeves, etc.).

squadx
Participant
@squadx

bah…i certainly picked the wrong time haha, im an outdoorsman runner, wearing long sleeves in this heat will be brutal.

thanks for the quick reply!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.