LaurenDinosaur
Participant
@laurendinosaur

Ok so I currently have 2 tattoos. a pretty decent sized one on my right leg, and a small star on my left hand. When I got the star done the first time it looked like it aged about 60 years in about 2-5 days. I did everything the artist told me to do. I put the triple antibiotic ointment for the first 2 days, then I started using cocoa butter lotion afterwards. Seeing as I was unsatisfied, as soon as it was safe I went back and got it re-done. Once again I followed everything he told me to do, and I can see the ink literally peeling off. And not the normal peeling you would normally see. This is exactly what happened the first time, and I’m worried that I’ll never be able to have the tattoo looking nice. Right now it looks very dried out no matter what I put on it. Can someone please tell me whats going on, and maybe what I can to to save it? :confused:

Please and Thank you.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

did you go to a shop? post a link of the artists work. seems like the artist doesnt know what he is doing? hard to tell without pics.

LaurenDinosaur
Participant
@laurendinosaur

2entda8.jpg

69mekw.jpg

2rmkxfa.jpg

2viqb0j.jpg

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

I certainly am no expert but does tattooing that part of the hand make healing a lot harder as your always stretching and closing that part?

It also looks very dark.

I think I read that using antibiotic cream was a no no as you kill off all the good bacteria that your skin produces to heal?

I used Bep, nappy rash cream and it rocked!

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

that area of the hand (well any area of the hand) is difficult to ink. next time try going to a reputable shop and not out of someones house.

LaurenDinosaur
Participant
@laurendinosaur

The first time I got it done it healed really fast just like my leg did. And I’ve been really careful with my hand since I’ve gotten it done. I barely use my left hand now. The most I use it for would be typing on the computer and that’s about it.

LaurenDinosaur
Participant
@laurendinosaur

Is there nothing I can do to save it? And I did get it done in a shop. I guess the guy was new to tattooing or something? I don’t really know. I’m just mainly concerned about how I can save it without having to go to a completely different shop and paying more money than I already have. Any suggestions you might have would be wonderful.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
yodaddynukka;113099 wrote:
that area of the hand (well any area of the hand) is difficult to ink. next time try going to a reputable shop and not out of someones house.

^ This.

LaurenDinosaur;113101 wrote:
Is there nothing I can do to save it? And I did get it done in a shop. I guess the guy was new to tattooing or something? I don’t really know. I’m just mainly concerned about how I can save it without having to go to a completely different shop and paying more money than I already have. Any suggestions you might have would be wonderful.

It is a difficult area to ink, but that aside, it looks like you have a whole lot of blowouts there as well. And where are the points on the star? You can’t save it. It is what it is. Pick another shop and be sure to check their portfolio thoroughly before allowing them to ink you.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

thats a bad spot on the hand to hold ink but the artist didnt know shit and blew it out, badly

it needs to be completely covered and you need to choose a reputible artist, this guy is a hack

unfortunately if you have seen some of my posts of late, hacks are too common in the industry now

LaurenDinosaur
Participant
@laurendinosaur

Thanks anyway guys. And don’t worry. I won’t make that mistake next time 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.