NoobieTattoo
Participant
@noobietattoo

I’m about to book my apt tomorrow for my sleeve, getting all the outline done in one session, then back for shading, then colouring… how do you sleep on an outlined sleeved tattoo as it will be covering my whole arm and don’t want to knock it?

I’ve had tattoos before but not this size.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

its not too hard. just try not to sleep on top of it. if you dont want plasma all over your sheets, use a clean towel under your arm.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

With my half sleeve length piece, I just wore a t-shirt to bed. In your case, try a long sleeve t.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

I will sleep with a losely taped saran wrap over it, edges open, with A&D lightly applied over it, I can sleep this way first couple nights without issue, I am a heavy sleeper that needs his sleep………………….Ive done it a time or two

NoobieTattoo
Participant
@noobietattoo

So should I wear a shirt for bed or not, sleep with no top on, put cream on it and just sleep… will it lying against my sheet not do anything?

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
NoobieTattoo;112818 wrote:
So should I wear a shirt for bed or not, sleep with no top on, put cream on it and just sleep… will it lying against my sheet not do anything?

Put the same thing on it that you are putting on during the day. I wear a cotton shirt to bed to limit the rubbing and on one occasion did the loose saran wrap like mrchen. You don’t need to put too much thought into this. 😀

NoobieTattoo
Participant
@noobietattoo

I just don’t want to knock the peeling process that’s all, booked it on Friday, now gotta wait another 3 weeks aahhhhhh!

So just sleep like normal and don’t worry about it as it won’t knock the peeling?

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

You will be fine

Cledus985
Participant
@cledus985

I put a little ointment on it and wore a long sleeve cotton shirt. No troubles.

kcgreyhound
Participant
@kcgreyhound

I wore a long sleeve T to bed. In the morning, the plasma stuck to a few spots on the t-shirt. Rather than pull the T-shirt off the scabs, I jumped in the shower with the shirt on so the water would loosen it. Someone gave me that hint, and it was a real help. It’s better than getting stuck to a sheet and ripping the scab.

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

For my tattoo on my side, which happens to be the side I sleep on, I showered before bed, patted dry and allowed it to completely air dry, applied a little Tattoo Goo, put on an oversized teeshirt, and hoped for the best. Looks great three months later. 🙂

NoobieTattoo
Participant
@noobietattoo

Does it make any difference whether you wear a shirt or not?

I thought no shirt would be better as it will let it breathe and just put your hand above the duvet and rest it on that and not the sheet?

Cledus985
Participant
@cledus985

I wore a shirt just to keep from getting ink on anything. If you wear a loose fitting long sleeve cotton tee it will breathe just fine. When im asleep i have no idea what crazy things my arm is doing i could end up with it across my forehead.

Mistress_Of_Pain
Participant
@mistress_of_pain

Got this advice from my artist. He said to pick out a pair of sheets or a t-shirt that you don’t mind getting dirty. Every time you plan a tattoo get those out and use them so you don’t have to worry about dealing with ruining your good clothes/sheets. All of my tattoos have color so they’ve bled a bit so in the morning I usually end up with marks on my pillowcases and sheets as to where my tattoos have been over night (depending on the location of my tattoo of course) so that’s something to keep in mind.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

I just put my usual bep on it and slept normally no top, was fine 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.