Catman87
Participant
@catman87

Hello all. I just got my first tattoo Friday night. I got it on my forearm, near my elbow. I clean it twice a day with unscented soap, and I just started to put some unscented lotion on it today. I just realized that I go back to work tomorrow, and I tend to get a lot of dirt on my arms. What do you suggest I do? I have been taking very good care of it, but now I am stumped on this. I do not own any long sleeved shirts.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
Catman87;109713 wrote:
now I am stumped on this. I do not own any long sleeved shirts.

Easy go buy some long sleeve shirts.

Catman87
Participant
@catman87

isn’t it also bad to not let it breathe like that?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Buy a cotton long sleeve shirt and stay away from the plastic shirts not just for the tattoo but advise for life also.

Catman87
Participant
@catman87

What about a large bandage? I heard someone say you’re not suppose to re-bandage it, is that accurate. I want to do long sleeves as a last resort because it’s extremely hot where I work.

Panter
Participant
@panter

Maybe have a look at some fishing long sleeve shirts? cotton is best for breathability but not much use if it’s really hot and sweaty as it will hold the moisture next to your skin.
Fishing shirts are designed primarily to protect against the sun but are vented and breathable to help keep you cool.

I’m obviously talking about tropical type fishing shirts, the ones here in the UK are mainly designed to keep frostbite away 😉

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

Yup like everyone says invest in a cotton shirt until its completely healed – you don’t want to get dirt on any fresh tattoo

johndeniel
Participant
@johndeniel

You don’t need to worry so much. You can wash the tattoo with soap as you want. This is not harmful for your tattoos. People generally use ointment but it damages the ink of the tattoo.

Lizard King
Participant
@lizard-king

You can also look at TatJacket. They make skin colored sleeves for about 20 bucks that you can wear at work on arms or the lower leg area. The idea comes from a California cop who had ink that needed to be covered while wearing his short sleeved uniform.

LK

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.