saul1664
Participant
@saul1664

Hi,

I’m a bit worried about my tattoo I have had done last friday, so would be about 5 days old by now. Its a banksy and its the picture of the girl and heart shaped balloon, the girl is on my right shoulder, the balloon and lettering “There is always hope” goes across the chest.

This is my first tattoo, so may be worrying about nothing, the wording and the tattoo on the chest is fine, that hasn’t lost definition at all, but the larger tattoo on the shoulder definetely seems to have done, it is flaking at the moment and looks only as what I can describe as bubbly, with areas, with sharpness gone out of the ink. I have followed all the aftercare instructions, there was one occasion where ink leaked out onto one of my t-shirts, but searching on line, the general consensus was that was pretty normal.

Should I be worried at this stage, or is this part of the healing process. I will post pictures to show what I mean.

saul1664
Participant
@saul1664

Okay, this is it straight after being done

255162_10150202663557226_182471577225_6853980_6020015_n.jpg

Tattoocrop.jpg

You can clearly see the redness there

And this is a couple of shots across the chest

DSCF2834.jpg

DSCF2832.jpg

These are taken right after being done.

saul1664
Participant
@saul1664

Now these are the ones 5 days later.

DSCF2830.jpg

DSCF3021.jpg

Definetely, especially the second one, just doesn’t look as good as when it was done. Is this normal, or am I being a bit paranoid. Will it need touching up?

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Still healing dude. If it still looks like it’s lost color after about 4weeks go back to your artist and he would go over it for free for you.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Leaking wtf? Oh man that is bad sounds like you got the AIDS.

Sounds and looks normal.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

All normal 🙂

Chillax for another 1-2 weeks and only then will you begin to see how it’s going to look.

saul1664
Participant
@saul1664

Thanks for the replies. Six months on, the lettering and heart across the chest look okay, the actual tattoo on the arm appears to be fading and looks as I can only describe as mouldy, not been out in the sun or exposed, followed all aftercare protocols, wondering if anything can be done about it. Pictures to follow.

saul1664
Participant
@saul1664

DSCF5207.jpg

You can see the fading especially on the bottom half.

saul1664
Participant
@saul1664

DSCF5208.jpg

Whereas the lettering on the front here still looks ok.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

It looks like some scar tissue from that area being overworked. You sir need a touch up.

Bope
Participant
@bope

yep….rehit…

saul1664
Participant
@saul1664

Well, got it retouched today, must say looks as good as new again.

Guy said that black tattoos tend to fade and showed me his which had black bits which had faded, but also looked like they were seriously long term tattoos which had faded over time.

Seemed like he was saying that it was normal for my tattoo to be like it was which I don’t really accept after 6 months, otherwise surely the ones across my chest would have been the same.

He did it without charging though, and just recommended the same aftercare, benpathen and keeping out of the sun. Should I be looking at any other ways at looking at keeping it fresh, obviously I am guessing that there is only a certain amount of times a tattoo can be touched up.

Want to have confidence as I want to have others done.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Any tattoo that is one solid color like that is more prone to these problems. As for other ways to help maintain that fresh look, I know a lot of people exfoliate (I’m not one of them).

Bope
Participant
@bope

yep…all my black is double or triple hit..

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.