peterpressure
Participant
@peterpressure

Man, I sure wish everyone in this forum posted pictures, anyways here is how mine is looking on the 3rd day. Using unscented Aveeno lotion on it 3 or 4 times a day.

How does it look? The dryness and cracking is sorta concerning, but it is my first tattoo so I do not know what to expect.

IMG_20101005_174434.jpg

Here is a pic when it was halfway done:

IMG_20101002_172033.jpg

Done:

IMG_20101002_174854.jpg

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough

It looks good and sounds like you are taking proper care of it so don’t be too concerned with the crackling as it is normal. Just don’t pick it and it should be good! Thanks for sharing. What does it mean to you?

peterpressure
Participant
@peterpressure
TooManyNotEnough;75319 wrote:
It looks good and sounds like you are taking proper care of it so don’t be too concerned with the crackling as it is normal. Just don’t pick it and it should be good! Thanks for sharing. What does it mean to you?

Thanks! Now I just need to figure out what my 2nd tattoo will be.

So my wife is from South Asia, that is her name in Sanskrit.
She got my name translated into Sanskrit as well for her, here is a pic of both of em!
Hers seems to be healing just fine, no cracking even.

IMG_20101003_132447.jpg

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough

Cool, who translated them? They both look very clean and the black is solid!

peterpressure
Participant
@peterpressure
TooManyNotEnough;75373 wrote:
Cool, who translated them? They both look very clean and the black is solid!

She did, her father proofed it to make sure. In retrospect I wish I got it in the traditional font for Sanskrit, but its still cool.

Ok, here it is today on Day 5, still looks horrendous, lol. Like a Lizard skin, chunks are starting to flake off.

IMG_20101007_191049.jpg

Bdubbs
Participant
@bdubbs

Normal, you should see my lower arm right now. It looks like a snake shedding its old skin! I rarely have any scabbing, which might be how the artist works the skin/tattoo. But I do peel alot.

Normally when mine starts to peel alot I use less lotion as I don’t want to rip any of the peeling skin off. Also DON’t overdue it with ointment or lotion. If the area is itching really bad or feeling dry/tight then apply a small amount.

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough

Also if it is too itchy just lightly smack it and it should work.

peterpressure
Participant
@peterpressure

Day 6, Wow this looks even uglier today. You sure this is ok ๐Ÿ™‚

IMG_20101008_163459.jpg

peterpressure
Participant
@peterpressure

Day 7, its getting itchy!!

IMG_20101009_104939.jpg

peterpressure
Participant
@peterpressure

Day 9!!
Finaly the scabbing is flaking off, took a shower and a lot came off.

Still nervous about the areas that got a little brown scabbing, the black scabbing spots look great underneath when the scab came off, but the brown scabbing spots may need a touch up when all is said and done. I’ll wait another week and take some more pics.

IMG_20101011_091811.jpg

southern_rebel_rose
Participant
@southern_rebel_rose

It is healing up quite nicely actually. And, yes, it will need to be touched up about 3 weeks from the day it was finished as it is a solid black piece and solid black is generally harder to perfect on the first sitting because the artist has to go back and forth over the same spot a few times to get it filled in. However, he/she can’t do it too many times or he/she will botch the skin and what they refer to as “dog meat”-ing the skin underneath the color which is no good!

So, yep, you will probably need a touch up of color in about 3 weeks.

Other than that you are healing up just fine. Just remember: no scratching and no picking at the scabs! ๐Ÿ™‚

peterpressure
Participant
@peterpressure

Thanks for all the help everyone!

Def could use a touch up in a few lighter spots, but overall I am happy!

Day 21:
IMG_20101023_124639.jpg

Cypher
Participant
@cypher

that was perfect to see how my new tattoo i’ll look like… now i’m not that nervous ๐Ÿ˜€ thks man

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
Cypher;95960 wrote:
that was perfect to see how my new tattoo i’ll look like… now i’m not that nervous ๐Ÿ˜€ thks man

You have just updated a thread that was made in 2010….

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.