TatNub
Participant
@tatnub

So I got a new tattoo yesterday and I was told to leave the ceran wrap on for 4 hours. I showered at the 4 hour mark and rinsed with dial soap and immediately rinsed the skin off.

I left the open no shirt (tats on my back) and sleep in my CLEAN bed. Today went to work and when I got home I showered again and used old spice body soap today. and rinsed off immediately.

Im not scabbing and its still very vibrant. It itches a little but i havent scratched at it.

should i be putting anything on it? i was told not to till 3 days then use unscented lotion…am i doing anything wrong?

Jubakuba
Participant
@jubakuba

Different people have different healing regimens.
Some wash the tattoo four times a day and lotion immediately afterwords.
Some simply “dry heal” and shower the usual amount.

What I personally do is shower twice a day…unless I’m excessively sweating at any point…I’ll knock it up to three. And lotion my tattoo with Curel Original Unscented lotion three or four times a day with clean hands.

The main thing is you have to keep your tattoo clean, which you appear to be doing.
I personally haven’t heard an artist recommend not lotioning a tattoo directly…but have heard of people with numerous tattoos who find that to be their preferred healing method (the infamous “lizard man,” for one).

If I were you, I’d start putting some lotion on there.
I’d also stay away from the old-spice as I’m sure it contains alcohol that will excessively dry out your tattoo.

Congrats on your new piece, though.
Be sure and post some pictures!

TatNub
Participant
@tatnub

Thanks for the response! Ya when its done Ill take pics and post. I have another session of color.

OMG the tailbone hurt to get done : )

Anyways another question. When i take my undershirt off and look at it I find specks of color here and there maybe 200 the size of sand particles, normal? I got the tattoo friday and i started putting A+D on it this morning. But Im a really quick healer naturally. Could they be scabs?

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Your body will always expel droplets of ink during the healing process. That’s most likely what it is.

Jubakuba
Participant
@jubakuba

That is normal, indeed.
It’s simply flecks of dead skin on the upper-most layer falling off.

TatNub
Participant
@tatnub

Well its now wed. and I had the tat done Friday and I am now loosing skin the size of dimes. still normal? lol

It was very itchy yesterday but I did not scratch at it.

As i Loose skin its loosing some vibrancy, is this also normal?

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied
TatNub;72416 wrote:
Well its now wed. and I had the tat done Friday and I am now loosing skin the size of dimes. still normal? lol

It was very itchy yesterday but I did not scratch at it.

As i Loose skin its loosing some vibrancy, is this also normal?

IMHO, you aren’t moisturizing it enough. That’s why it’s getting itchy since it’s so dry that it has no moisture to breath from. Is it scabbing at all? I use aquaphor for the life of me and never let up on it after I let my one tattoo go without any moisturizer. Bad mistake since it scabbed and eventually scarred over, forcing me to get it re-done over scars.

Like I said, I use aquaphor on mine the first 3 days then use Lubriderm the rest of the week in a half before it completley heals. There is a happy medium between over moisturizing and leaving it be, but aquaphor really does heal my tattoo perfectly as well as keeping my tattoo colorful and vibrant.

inkfreakz
@

InkFREAKZ.com is a BRAND NEW tattoo networking website for tattoo lovers, artist/designers, and shops! As we are brand new we are looking for artist, and shops to sign up as YOU are a very important role of the website!

Tattoo Lovers You get the most fun you get to rate, and comment tattoo photos, and designs. You can rate artist, and shops profiles as well as email them or add their profile to your favorites. Also you are able to blog on our forum pages and interact with other tattoo lovers by leaving comments on their wall. Also you are able to start tattoo design contest for a minimum of $30 and the designers signed up on InkFREAKZ.com get to compete for your prize by submitting their design concept based off of the brief information form you fill out to start the contest, and then you get to rank the designs and pick your favorite one and take it into the artist without having to wait 2 hours or more for them to draw it up!

Artist you can create a profile and show how long you have been working as an artist for, show photos of tattoo’s you have done, as well as upload designs you have drawn. You are able to set your designs to, “For Sale and are able to set the price, Free, or Not For Sale.”, also you are able to submit designs into the design contest that users start and the minimum prize is $30!

Shops you are able to create a profile, add artist to your shop so when people are viewing your profile they can see who works there, also you are able to upload photos of the shop, inside and outside to give a feel for your shops environment as well as upload your logo for your profile picture!

Check it out http://www.InkFREAKZ.com

Dice
Participant
@dice

Dont use any old skin moisturiser, it has to be brought from a chemist.

september
@

When I made my first tattoo, I have not touched for 3 days and no anointed. When I did the second, then on the third day of the use of spray Tattoogenie . three times a day. tattoo healed faster.;)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.