Ben1985
Participant
@ben1985

I have read elsewhere that applying tattoo goo lotion to tattoo’s is a good way at keeping them fresh and vibrant (I am referring to fully healed tattoo’s).

My question is, is it worth paying the comparatively high prices of Tattoo Goo or will a basic moisturiser do?

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

Cant say if its any better than anything else but I use it and think its helped keep stuff looking fresh. You really only need a tiny bit so a pot seems to lat a long while.

a cooper
Participant
@a-cooper

i use this works ghttp://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/mrsb_07/?action=view&current=palmers_cocoa_butter_bust_firming_m.jpgreat on healed tattoo’s…

a cooper
Participant
@a-cooper

i use this on my healed tattoo’s works great….

339lena.jpg

Ben1985
Participant
@ben1985

Anyone else?

Rockysmom
Participant
@rockysmom

The water base formula works with your body to restore the skin’s natural moisture balance. The non-greasy “Lotion” absorbs quickly, penetrates deeply, and provides long lasting protection against dryness. “The Lotion” contains NO alcohol, NO petroleum, NO lanolin, No mineral oils and NO fragrance. “The Lotion” can be used by itself or combined with “The Original” Tattoo Goo.

THESE INGREDIENTS I FIND DISTURBING in Tattoo Goo

Dimethicone: Coats the skin, trapping anything beneath it and do not allow the skin to breathe. Also non-biodegradble. Same stuff used in breast implants (silicone).

Triethanolamine: Highly acidic. Synthetic emulsifier.

Polyethylene: Potentially carcingogenic petroleum ingredient that can alter and reduce the skin’s natural moisture factor. This could increase the appearance of aging. Used in cleaners to dissolve oil and grease.

Proplylene Glycol: Penatrates the skin and can weaken protein and cellular structure. It’s strong enough to remove barnacles from boats!

Diazolidinyl Urea: Contains formaldehyde, a carcingonic chemical, toxic by inhilation. A strong irritant, causes contact dermatitis.

Methylparaben: used to extend shelf life of products. Known to be toxic. Causes allergic reaction.
Propylparaben: see above

Disodium EDTA: preservative- can cause nitrosamine contamination which have been determined to form cancer in labratory animals.

Poesy
Participant
@poesy

http://www.tattoogoo.com/PR_2008-01-8.php

This is about their dermatological testing. Admittedly, it doesnt say who did the test but should give you an idea. Have a look at the website. It’s also certified as sage with the European Union.

Rockysmom could be right, I don’t know- hopefully Sherav will see this and have a look. He’s good on harmful chemicals etc.

I use tattoo goo. Admittedly, mine is tiny (as you saw) so it’s not really an issue of cost effectiveness for me as I use so little at a time. But it’s convenient for me to carry around, and smells lovely.

I can’t comment on it vs other brands, because I bought the goo and then my artist said it was the best thing for it. I don’t have tattoos I’ve used other things on to judge, and nor it my tattoo old enough to tell. You saw my worries about blurring.

But I like it. I use the lotion in the morning to make my skin a bit more supple before I spend a day on my feet. Then in the evening i apply the salve (from the tin) and it INSTANTLY makes the tattoo a lot more vivid in a way the lotion itself doesn’t. This makes me think other moisturisers might not do the same.

I don’t know if it’s worth the brand name, but I intend to keep using it. I figure I’ll have this the rest of my life anyway, so I might as well go for the extra expense (which isnt much) and not risk it.

But that’s just me

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.