mustard
Participant
@mustard

Gday folks

finally finished my 3/4 sleeve. been about a week since last session.

my question is about pimples/zits. iam still getting these on my sleeve every now and then.. but in areas where no work has been done on for a while….

any ideas why this is the case. never happened up until getting the tattoo done.

still doing a morning / night warm water wash, followed by applying body lotion.

Thanks in advance.

dannyboy
Participant
@dannyboy

i get the same thing, my artist said it was excess ink that gets wiped into your paws while getting tattoed, should clear up after a few weeks just give it some time.

could you please post some pics of your sleeve…..cheers

MrTatooMan
@

Yup… danny boy is right… it will go away in a few weeks…..no need to worry

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

The cause is usually clogged pores in the skin also when you have a wound the skin around the area can be become irritated and inflamed.

The subaeceous glands in the hair pores also work harder (these provide a fluid secretion that keeps skin supple). If they get blocked this can cause the pore to clog and lead to an infection which is what spots are.

Usually as the skin sheds the excess pigment is forced out from the skin but good skin care is a good habit.

Take Care
Matthew

ke4est
@

I have seen these too from clogged pores, yes they go away.

airmail
Participant
@airmail

I have the same thing with the pimples. Mostly where the heavy ink is. More pimples after a hard workout. So it makes sense about the clogged pores. My ink is about 4 months old. How long till the pores open up? What should I be doing as maintenance on my tattoo?

Thanks
Terry

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.