KMFH
Participant
@kmfh

Hey all,

My tattoo is about 4 weeks old, and looks completely healed and is doing/looking great. At what point can I start using regular sun block and not unscented? The unscented stuff can be hard to find and I’ve never seen it in a spray form.

Thanks!

vizzielover
Participant
@vizzielover

If your tat is only about 4 weeks old i would try not to expose it to the sun at all, I know it is really tempting to want to show it off but too much sun isn’t good for your ink. If you have to expose it I would use sunblock that is suitable for babies, as high a sunfactor as you can get. I use factor 50, but then I’m a redhead and I burn easily anyway.

KMFH
Participant
@kmfh

It’s on my upper arm, and the bottom of the tattoo stops right where my shirt sleeves stop. I’m outside a lot during the day, so I just worry about getting burnt through my shirt and the bottom part of the design showing when my sleeves go up a little when I’m working.

I’m using a 50 spf that’s for kids now. It’s just sorta messy and lays on really heavy, so I’m looking to use a 35 or 40 spray on, when wearing a shirt and working outside. Just can’t find a non scented spray on kind.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.