BarryC
Participant
@barryc

I just went and got another tattoo on Saturday the 3rd April and everything seemed ok.

Its got to the stage where it is scabbing etc…and in one part, there appears to be a little crater?

Can anyone please help me with this as I am slightly worried.

Will it heal ok and what is it!! 🙁

PS. Im new here, so hi to everyone 🙂

bodyart
Participant
@bodyart

What part of your body is the crater in?? If it is a place where there is a lot of movement then It could be causing that part of your skin not to heal! Or it could just be an area that was overworked by the artist. what are you putting on it?

BarryC
Participant
@barryc

On the inside of my forearm mate.

And im using Bepanthen cream at the minute…ill try and get a good picture and upload.

bodyart
Participant
@bodyart

I have heard good thing about Bepanthen cream but if your not healing properly with it you may want to find something that is designed pacifically for tattoos. I use H2ocean, but there are other products our there

BarryC
Participant
@barryc

Thanks for your reply again bud.

I healed fine with Bepanthen last time on my previous tattoo’s…its just this one.

The tattoo I have is of 2 chinese symbols and both of them are healing fine, except for that one little indent sort of thing…

I have read online about it being a “pit” and that it will heal but it will turn to scar and ruin my tattoo etc…thats all im worried about really 🙁

Vynidual
Participant
@vynidual

So is it on the soft part of your forearm like where it would be rubbin on the table or up near the inner bend of your elbow?

BarryC
Participant
@barryc

Its in the middle of my forearm, midway between my elbow and my wrist (on the inside of course)

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

The main thing is keep it clean and do not over moisturise the area. I would suggest applying a small layer of antiseptic cream for 3 days on the area that is pitted.

The pitted area is where the ink may have fallen out and is an open wound. To minimise scarring you need to let it breathe which it cannot do through a barrier cream. It stops dirt getting in but air flow is important on this and a mild antiseptic will keep it clean.

Wait at least 6 weeks and the artist will be able to touch it up.

Take Care
Matthew

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.