privatesho1
Participant
@privatesho1

What up guys, I just got 2 tattoos, 1 on my arm and the other on my leg. They are both itching like all hell! The artist recommended Aquaphor, which I used very lightly…and then a non-scented creme to combat itching after a few days..the aquaphor made the color “bleed” intially on the leg, but not on the arm, then it stopped. It’s been 8 days now for the leg and 5 days for the arm…the tats iare peeling and i’ve noticed some fading in areas where the tat has peeled. I’m not sure if i should be using the Eucerin Calming Creme or not because it doesn’t seem to be providing any moisture. I have an arsenal of supplies including A&D gold, bacitracin, 100% cocoa butter, etc. I’m confused!!:eek:

I know everyone’s skin is different and i’ve read so much literatue that my head began to throb. Does anyone have any good advice?? :rolleyes:I spent hella money on these tattoos and I want to ensure that they heal nicely. Please advise!

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

The colours aren’t going to be as bright as when you first got them – layers of skin heal over the ink, and skin’s not 100% transparent.
As for the lotions, I’ve heard Aquaphor is fine (haven’t used it myself), and any non-scented sort of lotion should be ok to use a few days later.
Most artists do a touch up free of charge.

Ddenzik
Participant
@ddenzik

I dry heal all of mine and they look great

privatesho1
Participant
@privatesho1

Joker,

Thanks for the advice!

privatesho1
Participant
@privatesho1

Ddenzik,

Thanks for your post. With the dry healing, did you experience any fading in color?

Ddenzik
Participant
@ddenzik
privatesho1;64834 wrote:
Ddenzik,

Thanks for your post. With the dry healing, did you experience any fading in color?

No as long as you used the bacitracin in the begining you should be fine, the only thing is that it peels for longger

Bdubbs
Participant
@bdubbs

IMO dry healing created more scabs for me. I use aquaphor for the first two days, then switch to curel non sented lotion.

carpboy
Participant
@carpboy

bepanthen all the way

Vynidual
Participant
@vynidual

I’ve been using A&D Diaper Rash Ointment since I’ve heard that next to Bag Balm it works best.

bodyart
Participant
@bodyart

carpboy, I have also heard a lot of good things about Bepanthen haven’t tried it my self.

Vynidual, I use h2ocean there in no petroleum in it like A&D ointment. Your really shouldn’t use a petroleum product on your tattoo

winged_angel
Participant
@winged_angel

I use Bepantam cream (nappy rash cream) and that works really well for me. It helps it heal and keeps the colour in. Try that if you can get hold of it.

winged_angel
Participant
@winged_angel
winged_angel;65537 wrote:
I use Bepantam cream (nappy rash cream) and that works really well for me. It helps it heal and keeps the colour in. Try that if you can get hold of it.

*Bepanthen
I can’t even spell what I use….oops.
Anyway-I swear by it and I solely use that for about a month and then put it on whenever it itches

coloredflesh
Participant
@coloredflesh

I’m new here, but I use Rocco’s Old School Tattoo Balm. It’s a great healing cream. And it makes all my older tatto’s look newer. Here’s the link. http://www.roccosoldschool.com
It healed my tattoo’s freakin fast. lol.

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

Stop putting shit on it and let it heal. At most you should dab a tiny bit of A&D on the scabs only and then only once a day. For the most part, you should dry heal.

Rockysmom
Participant
@rockysmom

I used Aquapor for first 2 days then Lubriderm non-scented lotion.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.