Gina
    Participant
    @gina

its my FIRST tattoo and its a lil playboy bunny. its small http://www.myspace.com/gina_love254
    but i was wondering. the girl that did my tattoo. she said put vaseline on it. which i have been doing but it likes to come off a lot when i laydown/sleep…im thinkin it MIGHTTTTT be starting to crack? im not suree. i got it done this past saturday night. i can still feel the outline of course. but is it okay for me to use vaseline ??because people keep saying it will take the ink out, and it has NOT!…and what do i do to preventtt it from cracking??? and when will it start itching??

Fitzy
    @

I don’t know about Vaseline.

But I have friends that have tattoos.

At our local piercing/tattoo parlor there is a special tattoo lotion you can buy that will prevent it from itching and even scabbing.

Don’t itch it, or if you get scabs pick it, because it will take the ink out.

If not all the way it will fad it really bad.

Maybe you should do some research on the vaseline for tattoos.

I would suggest putting the vaseline on and then putting a bandage, or gauze on and using medical tape to keep it down when you sleep.

It will itch when it is healing.

Hope this helps!

HillzFan
    @

every artists will tell you to use something different. i’ve used neosporin, lubriderm, a&d ointment and vaseline on my most recent one 3 weeks ago…i think they’re all ok as long as you keep it well moisturized. dont let it crack cuz that means its not getting enough moisture. dont pick at it and it’ll start to itch once it starts to heal. mine is still itching…dont scratch put lotion or something instead.

tattoomadman39
    Participant
    @tattoomadman39

I’ve always been told and used Bepathane cream (Antiseptic b vitamin) Some people wash the tat with warm soapy water and then leave it alone…. I wrap the tattoo in gladwrap (clingfilm) after applying a thin layer of the cream. This for the first night so ya don’t stick to the bed clothes.

After that a thin layer each day whne the tat drys out. Alow to scab but don’t pick this will fall off naturally. After the scab has gone the new skin will take a few weeks to toughen up…Then you are sweet……

Always avoid sunlight on the tat or if you have to sunblock it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.