Paralytic Poison
    Participant
    @paralytic-poison

I’ve though a little about piercing. Not a huge fan, but i think one ear ring would be nice. I like he ones that are little bigger though, not to the point of been streching though.
    I remember a x girlfriend has a piercing and slowly made it bigger by putting in a little bit bigger jewelery. Now, is it possible to do a piercing that is a bit larger to start with or do you have to go through what that girl did?

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

When i was stupid and stretched my ear(Now i’ve let it to heal) i could start of at 6mm. So yes you can have a bigger piercing if you want it’s just a different way to peirce it.

Paralytic Poison
    Participant
    @paralytic-poison

OK, thanks a lot for the info!
    I’ll visit a shop for further details!

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@Wardy 128254 wrote:

When i was stupid and stretched my ear(Now i’ve let it to heal) i could start of at 6mm. So yes you can have a bigger piercing if you want it’s just a different way to peirce it.

How does a stretched ear heal? honest question

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@buttwheat 128266 wrote:

Good question. I hope the answer is good too.

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

@buttwheat 128266 wrote:

If it’s stretched under 10mm it can heal up like any normal ear pearcing would, sadly i had mine at 12mm so it won’t fully heal but only a very very small hole remains.

Amok
    Participant
    @amok

It amazing how quickly piercings heal over. I had the upper part of my ear pierced for over a year when I was a teenager. One night I took out the piercing and by morning it had closed over.

Re-pierced it myself the next day, there was blood….

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Wardy 128274 wrote:

If it’s stretched under 10mm it can heal up like any normal ear pearcing would, sadly i had mine at 12mm so it won’t fully heal but only a very very small hole remains.

Small holes are hard to find. (Maybe that is tight holes?)

Paralytic Poison
    Participant
    @paralytic-poison

So, I asked a piercer today, and he said the maximum i could start of with would be 1,8. But I think he charges a little too much for it… The same guy suggested he did a 0.6 with a pistol and i strech it with a earing that is for that purpose.

But then I got a question. At other(non-tattoo specific) shops, the pistol costs half the price. Why is there such a difference? Is there any possible dangers?

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Do not get pierced with a gun. There’s more trauma to the tissue and its harder to get exactly where you want hit.
    I don’t know a single piercer who uses a gun.
    Start with a 14g. Three to four weeks go back and drop to a 10g. If you healed right you won’t even bleed.
    Its just all about how big you want to go.

You can have a dermal punch. That’s like a very large hollow needle. I’ve seen 0g punch and 00 scalpeled. But traditional piercing is the easiest.

Paralytic Poison
    Participant
    @paralytic-poison

Now this was too much at once… Give me a sec…
    While getting a piercing done, why should i wory about traumatizing the tissue? I do traumatize it anyway, and it will need some time and care to heal.

And why should i go large and then smaller? Is it something thas has to do with good healing?

The dermal punch does not seem like anything i would want to get! And the hollow needle looks a little to big for my taste.

I also have one more question, dont wory i’m not thinking about it, i’ve just heard it a lot lately. So, some have told me not to pay that much money, and just get needle from a drug store and do it myself or have a friend do it.
    Of course I’m not willing to do that. But, having in mind non-professionals do it with a gun, and a lot of kids with needles on them self, having no knowledge, how do all these “get away with it” with no trouble?

Paralytic Poison
    Participant
    @paralytic-poison

So… I suppose that kind of info should not be on a forum…

anyway, I’ve decided to get my ear pierced. Anything I should keep in mind while choosing a shop? Is there anything that can be different?
    And for the aftercare, anything i should take special notice of? Or just follow whatever the piercer tells me?

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@Paralytic Poison 128357 wrote:

Now this was too much at once… Give me a sec…
    While getting a piercing done, why should i wory about traumatizing the tissue? I do traumatize it anyway, and it will need some time and care to heal. “[/quote]

I’m fucking grumpy anyway, so I’lll answer the dumb question, but not nicely. Until TF pays me an hourly to be nice, ain’t happenin’.

The larger/less able to sterilize the equipment, the more challenging it is to KEEP YOUR FUCKING EAR CONNECTED TO YOUR HEAD BECAUSE OF ROTTING INFECTION. If your post below this is indicative of your attitude, however, I hope you ignore all of the very nice advice you’ve been given and they fall right off your face onto your pillow. You’ve earned it.

And why should i go large and then smaller? Is it something thas has to do with good healing?

Granulation tissue prefers to grow down and around. Hence starting bigger and winding up smaller would prevent a blowout. But I’m just a stupid fucking nurse.

I also have one more question, dont wory i’m not thinking about it, i’ve just heard it a lot lately. So, some have told me not to pay that much money, and just get needle from a drug store and do it myself or have a friend do it.
    Of course I’m not willing to do that. But, having in mind non-professionals do it with a gun, and a lot of kids with needles on them self, having no knowledge, how do all these “get away with it” with no trouble?

You know what, do it if you’re insured. Otherwise, the medical system doesn’t need to pay another bill for another kid who makes such a ridiculous mistake.

Paralytic Poison
    Participant
    @paralytic-poison

No need to be grumpy…!
    You know, funny story… All my life, whatever I got involved with, I always heard that “there are no stupid questions”… It’s always good to ask questions in order to learn…
    But I suppose this doesn’ apply here… I should not learn more, or why things are as is I suppose… I should just take the advice and not mind to wonder about stuff…

And I wonder where you saw any attitude… Wanting to understand stuff is now attitude?

I’ve got some very nice advice indeed…. So I don’t get why you have to start yelling about infections and stuff, while i just asked what the difference is… I’m not a nurse you see, nor a doctor or a piercer… I don’t have any fucking anatomy or other health related knowledge… Is it so bad I just ask? Is it so bad i want to know why something is better that just know it is better?…

I couldn’t just learn that starting bigger and winding up smaller would prevent a blowout, I should have just what jerryatrophy nicely told me, or get yelled at beacause i want to learn more… Nice attidute!

And please read again, I’m not gonna put a needle in myself, I’m not stupid enough…! Like before, just being curious is propably a bad mistake…

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@GrayCatLove 128404 wrote:

I’m fucking grumpy anyway.

(Said just after learning how jealous Dopey can get.)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.