Shuketi
Participant
@shuketi

I’ve been wanting a tongue piercing for a while now. I’m worried about the pain and possible infections. Also, my sisters have had lip and tongue piercings before, but they took them out. They told me the jewelry started causing gum & tooth problems, such as receding gums and chipping/breaking teeth if accidently chewed on..

That pretty much discourages me, but I love piercings. I want snakebites and a tongue ring.

So my questions are:
-When a tongue ring is completely healed, can I take it out to eat so I don’t risk the accidental tooth breakage?? …But then clean my mouth and put it right back in?
-If I just have hoops in snakebites instead of studs, will that decrease the chances of chipping my teeth or damaging my gums?

I really enjoy my teeth… So I don’t want a messed up smile. But I also enjoy piercings.. I don’t want to give either up..
Please help!

iggybuddi
Participant
@iggybuddi

I’ve had my tongue done for about 4 months, and I’ve wanted one for about 3-4 years prior to that. I love it more than I thought I would. It’s just perfect for me, I think it’s gotta be my favorite. I think a big part of why it is my favorite is because of just how easy it is. I’ve got a bunch of work on my ears, which of course, as cartilage piercings always go…have been a f*cking pain in the ass. Took my industrial two years to heal up and have no scarring. My conch has been 90% problem free, which i’m very grateful for. But my snug is almost 2 years old and has driven me far past insane. (Currently trying to heal the scarring so I can remove it.) With all of those, you always run the risk of getting a flare up if someone knocks your ear, or you sleep on it wrong or anything like that. Then you’re back to square one with babying it.

But with my tongue, it was so easy. 1-2 days of incredibly complicated eating. 2 more days of slow, caution eating. And then it settled in and I got use to it. Had my piercer change it out at 7 days and for the 10 seconds it was out while she grabbed the new bar, my mouth felt absolutely empty without it. I had gotten used to the obnoxiously long bar, and the shorter bar felt like heaven. It heals fully in about a month, compared to 1+ years with my ears. Since then, I’ve only accidently bit down on it twice. And both times I stopped myself the moment my teeth hit it so it didn’t hurt or cause damage. I barely ever click it across my teeth even though I play with it unconsciously all the time.

All that being said, I think it would be better for the piercing and you to just leave it in when you eat. You won’t get 100% accustomed to it in your mouth and would be more likely to cause tooth damage if you aren’t adept at maneuvering it. Tongue piercings also are known for closing up in very, VERY short amounts of time. Add that reputation, and the constant exacerbation of taking it out and putting it back in- you’ll be setting yourself up to fail. It really is not in the way all that much. Except when licking an ice cream cone. That was…an interesting experience.

I don’t have lip piercing but from what i’ve studied, have CBR’s or ‘hoops’ in will actually cause more damage to your teeth because they are bigger, clunkier and clumsier. They’ve got a much larger area of the jewelry that will be able to contact a number of your teeth. If by ‘studs’ you mean a flat back labret barbell, then that would be your best bet. Having a small flat surface up against the inner part of your lip will minimize it’s potential contact with your teeth and will be far more comfortable as well. And for both piercings, it is imperative you have properly sized jewelry or you’re mouth will get all janked up.

I highly, highly, highly recommend going for your tongue piercing if you truly want one. I don’t think you’ll find many problems if you’ve got properly sized, good quality jewelry. And it heals so quickly and problem free, that even if it gave you problems, you could take it right out. Good luck! Let us know what you do!

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Go for it. I love the feeling of that stud running up and down the shaft of my penis.

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

@buttwheat 120675 wrote:

Go for it. I love the feeling of that stud running up and down the shaft of my penis.

Wow. Tell us what you really think.

Shuketi
Participant
@shuketi

Thanks iggybuddi! You’ve really helped me out! This was exactly the type of answer I was looking for.. ^^
I’ll definitely let you know what I’ve done!

Shuketi
Participant
@shuketi

Thanks iggybuddi! You’ve really helped me out! This was exactly the type of answer I was looking for.. ^^
I’ll definitely let you know what I’ve done!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.