Lotus_flower21
Participant
@lotus_flower21

Hey all,

I am new here. I already have a standard cartilage piercing. It was done with a needle NOT a gun! Currently I have a horshoe barbell in my piercing.

Anyway, it wasn’t long before I was bitten by the piercing bug, and now I want to get a rook piercing. Any information on rook piercings would be appreciated!

Thank you.

iggybuddi
Participant
@iggybuddi

Happy to help! What do you wanna know? I need a jumping off point. ๐Ÿ™‚

Lotus_flower21
Participant
@lotus_flower21

Thanks for the reply! ๐Ÿ™‚

Um… I’d like to know about healing time. Since the rook is cartilage, I’d guess that it would take a year to heal. Did the healiing process give you any trouble? Was cleaning the area difficult? (The rook seems like a pretty tight space. I’d wonder how I’d work a cotton ball in there.)

I am going to the same piercing place that did my helix (they did awesome work) and I am going to start with a ring. I like the barbell better but the ring seems easier to clean, and I plan to get a barbell put in after it heals.

Did you snag the piercing on things or not really?

Zombiecupcake
Participant
@zombiecupcake
Lotus_flower21;108374 wrote:
Thanks for the reply! ๐Ÿ™‚

Um… I’d like to know about healing time. Since the rook is cartilage, I’d guess that it would take a year to heal. Did the healiing process give you any trouble? Was cleaning the area difficult? (The rook seems like a pretty tight space. I’d wonder how I’d work a cotton ball in there.)

I am going to the same piercing place that did my helix (they did awesome work) and I am going to start with a ring. I like the barbell better but the ring seems easier to clean, and I plan to get a barbell put in after it heals.

Did you snag the piercing on things or not really?

Honestly for me…my rook sucked! Cartilage piercings are just horrible for the healing process. They say the healing time is 6 months to year but mine took a little more than a year for my ear to be perfectly back to normal.
I had to change what ear I talked on the phone on, I couldnt sleep on that side. I can finally now play or bend my ear without pain. And it wasnt infected.
To clean it you have to fill a cup of water with the solution and dunk your ear into it for like 10 mins a couple times a day.
There are no problems with snagging on things IMO. Its so nicely tucked in your ear it isnt a problem mine was a barbell though. I would say go with a barbell, not a ring. A ring may get caught on things and when sleeping it would be able to rub on surfaces and irritate the piercing. And you do not want that raw puppy rubbing or touching anything. A barbell is not harder to clean. Just use the dipping ear in cup thing.
I’m a fan of cartilage piercings and how they look but it does kind of suck for a while.

I’m cool with it now, not sure it was totally worth it for me but that thing took alot of heal time and I feel sort of acomplished for it. ๐Ÿ™‚
If you love the look of the rook and are prepared with a possible one year healing time then go for it!

gennyohhh
Participant
@gennyohhh

My experience with the rook piercing wasn’t bad. I heal fairly quickly and I feel that the pain and discomfort was gone after about a month. I haven’t had any issues with cleaning or getting it caught on anything. I decided not to go with a ring and I think that probably helped as well. The main issue I had was the actual piercing process- not super painful, but the pressure was very intense. All in all, as long as you’re cool with getting piercings done, it’s definitely cute and worth it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.