kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

ok, so im not a big piercing girl, i have 2 in each ear and my navel, that’s it, i dont want any extreme piercings or facial piercing like nose, eyebrow or lips etc, however, i have a number of friends with tongue piercings, some i never even knew they had them, they keep telling me how much they love it etc etc and ive been considering it, however, there are so many tabboos (similar to those of tattoos) about piercings, particularly things like tongue piercings. Do they immediately make you think the girl is slutty or shall we say sexually active but more than your average girl? does it cheapen the chick in your opinion? not that im too bothered i was just interested.

On the other side, the part that bothers me is the idea of having something permanently in my mouth, is it annoying? and although i hear that the tongue is the fastest healing part of the body and if you dont like it you can take it out and it will heal almost completely in a couple of days, am i really going to spend the money on something that will then drive me barmy and not heal and get all gooey and infected? so honest opinions, what’s this whole tongue piercing malarky all about?? 😀

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Well, I can’t answer the question of whether getting this piercing will cause you to become more of a slut, but it will sure make you sound funny. Of those people that I’ve talked to with a tongue piercing, all of them had developed quite a lisssp, and the piercing also regularly clicks against their teeth, creating a clicking and hissing sound combination 🙂

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

lol! i didnt mean will it make ME more of a slut, im saying is that what people tend to think of girls with tongue piercings or is it becoming mroe of a general everyday thing now? lol none of my friends have a lisp? the clicking noise i get but the lisp was just the first few days while it healed and now they can speak fine 😀

ArniVidar
@arnividar

…or you’ve gotten used to it 😀

DragunRose
Participant
@dragunrose

Can’t honestly answer the part about if girls with tongue piercings automatically make me think they are slutty or trashy, since I have mine done, and I don’t think I’m slutty or trashy 😉

But to answer your question about them being annoying; I’ve had mine for, well let’s just say over 10 years because it makes me feel too old to admit the full amount of time. The most important thing is after it is healed to switch over to a shorter barbell. That not only makes it more comfortable to have in all the time, but it also helps a bit with avoiding breaking a tooth with it (the clicking against them when or accidently biting it).

I know people get a lisp when healing because of the tongue swelling but I’ve never encountered a long term lisp.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

what kind of pain and healing time are we talking about here? i cant even remember how long my belly button took so cant think of anything to draw on. my ears took 4-6 weeks but i dont wanna be on a liquid diet for that long! lol

DragunRose
Participant
@dragunrose

Well, pain is relative to the person, but for me I think I remember more feeling pressure on my tongue then any pain, I can tell you compared to the navel the tongue was a walk in the park. The swelling was more of a minor announce to me than painful.

Healing, hrmm if I remember right a month as far as keeping it clean? Can’t remember though, sorry. They tell you the first day you get it not to eat anything solid, after that it is as you can tolerate it, I ate solid foods the same day I got it done, just cut everything into smaller pieces and chewed gently on the side of my mouth.

kisskris1828
Participant
@kisskris1828

I have 11 piercings, I like all of them. But, i have cracked two teeth on my tongue piercing and it has made my gums behind my front bottom teeth recede, which my dentist says is common with tongue piercing. I would really recommend to NOT have your tongue done.

bluey
Participant
@bluey

It depends on placement. I had one for years. It was great. No problems at all except the ball came off and I swallowed it (no problem) but alas the hole closed up. Yes I’m thinking of getting another, but you will talk very funny for a number of days. I didn’t have lisp or any other speech issue after about 5 days. You should have a long bar initially then after 2 weeks it will be replaced with a much shorter one. Go for it

mrs_prawln
Participant
@mrs_prawln

I guess I was pretty lucky, I didnt come out with a lisp or clicking the bar on my teeth. The long bar is annoying, I admit I did bite down on it a few times, but once it’s changed to a shorter bar I have no troubles. Also,I can’t feel it in my mouth unless I have a larger ball on it..you only really notice it the first few weeks

patteh
Participant
@patteh

I am female, and have had my tongue pierced for almost 6 years, holy shit I did not realize it’s been that long 🙂 anyhow, I have never been seen as remotely slutty so I don’t think getting the piercing really changes a persons perception of a girl. The way I see it is if a female is seen as a slut with a tongue ring I almost guarantee you she was seen as one before she got it. The pain of getting a tongue piercing is relative as are most things but it shouldn’t be too bad.
Healing wise I’m not sure how fast it should close up but in that regard people are different. I use a flexible plastic tongue ring and plastic balls and have never chipped teeth or anything of the sort. Now and then I bite my tongue ring by accident but it’s not often or that annoying. Also when it comes to talking the first few days you need to take care of it a lot, use mouthwash whenever you eat, avoid smoking and drinking alcohol at least for a little, and the swelling goes down soon. I don’t have any lisp so most people don’t even know I have one til i mention it.

Thaela
Participant
@thaela

I just made a thread about the taboo of lower back (tramp stamp) tattoos, and then I saw this thread. Very much the same thing!

I’m a female and I had my tongue pierced about 12 years ago (was about 20 at the time), and I didn’t even think about the taboo associated with it. I did it on a whim after I broke up with my boyfriend at time – which in hindsight wasn’t a good idea but I was feeling rebellious that day I guess lol… I went by myself and just did it! Maybe I was better off being oblivious to the taboo of it.

Of course my mom hated it, but other than that, no one said anything to me about it. I liked it and played with it a lot in my mouth, but I didn’t have a problem with it clinking on my teeth or anything. It didn’t hurt as bad as I thought it would when it was done. I had popped a couple ibuprofen before I went, and I think I bought a slushy on the way home. It was tender, but I never had a problem with it healing or being really painful or swollen. It never got infected and healed really quickly.

I ended up taking it out when I met my (now) husband about 6 months later, who wasn’t a piercing/tattoo kinda person. Kind of ironic now that he’s done a complete 180 is totally cool with me getting tattoos now lol

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

ok so… what is the pain like in comparison to say getting your belly button pierced and your ears?
secondly have any of you had any dental problems as a result coz my dentist is private and charges a bloody fortune! lol

mrs_prawln
Participant
@mrs_prawln

i found its not as much of a stinging sensation as the belly button, for me it was about the same as my ears. Of course it hurts a little, but really its not that bad. Just remember afterwards that eating can be awkward. I had to shove food right in the side of my mouth and down my throat a little cause it hurt to get it on the piercing. But that was only a couple of days then it was fine 🙂

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

ok so i pretty much decided fuck it and told all my mates i was going to do it this sunday and now 3 of them have decided to come along too and get theirs done! lol oh dear, what have i started! lol so yeh, sunday night, i shall update you on my experience! lol x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.