KittyLouise
Participant
@kittylouise

I’m planning to stretch my already messed up lobe again – it’s at about 2mm at the moment. What size shall I stretch to from here? I’m aiming to only get up to 8… was close once, at about 6mm. Thanks x

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Hello. The important thing is not to rush 🙂 i stretched my ear to 2mm then waited 4weeks and went up to 4. I went up in 2’s but waited 3-4 weeks in between each and now i am at size 12mm 🙂 check in my album 🙂

Go up in 2’s to be honest just give 3-4 weeks in between stretching 🙂

hondajunkie01
Participant
@hondajunkie01
Wardy;97591 wrote:
Hello. The important thing is not to rush 🙂 i stretched my ear to 2mm then waited 4weeks and went up to 4. I went up in 2’s but waited 3-4 weeks in between each and now i am at size 12mm 🙂 check in my album 🙂

Go up in 2’s to be honest just give 3-4 weeks in between stretching 🙂

you know your body better then anyone else, so do what you feel safe with.. each person is different so its hard to say what will work for you

i do agree with this to a point…i have my ears screched to 7/8″ one of them i streched very slow and took my time but scare tissue will build up and it becomes super painfull after a while.. the other i did really fast a standard 18 guage -7/8 in under a month, infact i went from no peircing to a 0 in one night..also my earlobe never blew out or got infected

most people say wait 3-4 weeks and dont skip sizes so you are actually streching your ear and not ripping it

vala
Participant
@vala

wait 2 months or maybe more and head up to 3.2mm. the way i do it is after around 2 months or more, i try the 3.2mm taper. if its a bit tight sliding through i simply pop a few turns of ptfe tape on the 2mm tunnel and pop that in for a while. then simply add more ptfe tape until the 3.2mm taper will go through easily.
no need to rush IMO, you only just cause problems.
in 2 and a bit years since I had my ears pierced I’m only upto 5mm however with no problems.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

By messed up do you mean that you have had a tear, infection, or build up of scar tissue?

The reason I ask is that if the lobe has already been damaged you want to leave it at least 8-12 weeks to fully recover before attempting any fresh stretching. Scar tissue is a lot less flexible and elastic than normal skin and can result in a split lobe and stitches which is never pretty.

If you feel ready as advised go up each size and do it at 2 monthly intervals (or 6 weeks min).

Take care
Matthew

AshGUTZ
Participant
@ashgutz

Hello Kitty, if you are having difficulties stretching it helps providing a photograph or much more written details about your problems. As someone above me has asked is it ripped, bruised, swollen, juicing? I’m a certified body piercer in California and one primary thing I tell people is stretching should not hurt and if i hurts it is because you literally tearing your skin apart to shove something into it.

Take stretching slow.
Do you use tapers? And if you use tapers, how are you using them?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.