Parademic
Participant
@parademic

Hey all, just a question. I’m looking to get my ears pierced, but would like to get my start off jewelery as just some small 12ga black tunnels. Is it possible to get your ears pierced at this gauge? Or would it require a punch?

I’m also going to guess that cleaning ear piercings with tunnels in instead of starter jewelery will be more difficult, but is there really any other downfall?

Thanks for any responses!

Pic of said jewelery, but in black
tunnelwiththreadedback12gbig.jpg

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

i started mine at 2mm went to a shop called Salsa and they pierced it for me :]

ZombieKiller
Participant
@zombiekiller

Your not starting off with those. Almost impossible to clean properly. Start with a standard CBR or CBB and move to the other jewelry. And to answer your actual question the largest double sharp hypo they use is going to be 8g. But a good piercer can use an 8g needle and push a 6g piece of jewelry behind it, that’s how my ears were done like 20 years ago, shit I’m old.

Parademic
Participant
@parademic

I figured that the cleaning would be difficult with them, but my other question is why is it so much more difficult, then lets say a ball with clasp on the end?

Parademic
Participant
@parademic
WardyInk;87615 wrote:
i started mine at 2mm went to a shop called Salsa and they pierced it for me :]

2mm?! did they pierce you with a knitting needle? haha

ZombieKiller
Participant
@zombiekiller

The lobes are going to swell and if the jewelry is restrictive that will be bad, you need to be able to clean the jewelry and then pass it back and forth through the piercing. And 2mm is 12g, 6g is 4.1mm.

Parademic
Participant
@parademic

Oh ok! Thanks so much for the information.

piercingpusher
@

We pierce almost daily with 12 gauge needles, and it is no problem at all to insert a titanium tunnel 12G

TheShepherd
Participant
@theshepherd

another problem with that jewlery is that it is externally threaded. props for getting your lobes actually pierced with a hollow needle. I was 9 years old and stupid when i pierced mine with a sewing needle. i should slap myself for that one. im paying for it now stretching I’ve got some fun old scar tissue in there.

Parademic
Participant
@parademic

That wasn’t the exact jewelery I was going to get, I know internally threaded is better, due to the threads not tearing your skin every time you put it through. It was more so just the STYLE I was talking about. I know most people get it done with rings, but I am not a ring guy.

I haven’t gotten my ears pierced just yet, thinking about getting them done when I get the rest of my tattoo done.

REmoKeiTH
Participant
@remokeith

Another problem with that jewlery is that it is externally threaded. props for getting your lobes actually pierced with a hollow needle. I was 9 years old and stupid when i pierced mine with a sewing needle. i should slap myself for that one. im paying for it now stretching I’ve got some fun old scar tissue in there.

demonicus
Participant
@demonicus

never and I mean never get pierced with coloured jewellery. straight up 316lvm surgical steel, titanium, bioplast, ptfe, someone fill in if I’m missing something but coloured jewellery in a fresh piercing is a no no. That jewellery wasn’t black in it’s purest form and unless you like having paint for lack of a better word flaking off with your healing skin I’d suggest starting off with something that is pure.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

I got pierced with a 2mm to start off with and stretched every 2-3 weeks skipping a size, for example (2,4,6,8,10) and i am now 12 and it’s not done me any harm. But you are meant to take it a lot slower.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.