moggykong
Participant
@moggykong

I got my lip pierced in the centre just two days ago, and the back of the stud has rubbed horribly on my gums! So I have to sit looking slackjawed (and stupid!) so the back of the stud doesn’t rub against the backs of my gums. I ordered an ART-Tech medilab stud, with a soft pad at the back of the stud so that it doesn’t rub. Can I change the stud so soon? My gums would certainly thank me for it because they were bleeding earlier 🙁

gnarly
Participant
@gnarly

No. Don’t try to change the jewelry so soon.
You don’t want to mess with a fresh piercing, because too much movement in the forming scar tissue could cause the scar tissue to be misformed.
Its common for piercers to use a stud that’s a little bit longer, to accommodate some of the swelling from the fresh wound, but you want to be careful not to chip your teeth, or have it rub against your gums.

Go back to the piercer, explain your situation and see if they will put something more comfortable.

moggykong
Participant
@moggykong

I went to go see my piercer earlier today, and she told me that there wasn’t much she could do until next week when the swelling goes down. I’ll just have to put up with it until then, I guess! It is becoming a little easier to avoid my gums and teeth when I talk, though. 🙂

modified.by.medal
Participant
@modified-by-medal

best thing that with help with that problem is going to yur local drug store or walmart and going in the dental isle and getting braces wax.

apply the wax the the plate of the stud and wala! its gone and gives it time to heal properly

Poker_Addict
@

You should never change your jewelry to early. That hole may shrink up mighty fast.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.