miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

Hey everyone, well Im wanting to get my lip pierced as my next addition but will be having surgery in a couple of months so will have to take it out for atleast one day I should think.

Just wondering how long they take to heal before you can take them out for a day or two without them healing up?

Thanks guys xx

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

8 weeks should be plenty and before your op you could put a plastic body ring in it .

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

Thanks, Im waiting to have some wisdom teeth out too but I wouldnt have thought a lip piercing would get in the way of that??X

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

Personally, I think you should wait untill after your wisdom teeth are taken out.

SusanFox
Participant
@susanfox

If you are having oral surgery, I’d wait. When they do wisdom teeth surgery, they use this thing to keep your lips out of the way…and no matter how healed your lip piercing would be it’d probably not be a great idea if it wasn’t weathered. (a year or so of having it) I’d wait. If you insist, have it heal then put in a bioplast perhaps? I have a labret, and it makes me cringe to think of having that thing in my mouth with it even if I wasn’t conscious!

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

I will be awake but wont be having the thing to keep my lips out of the way when I have it done.

I had a tooth out last month and they didnt make me take out my tounge piercing which i thought they would of.x

Windexx
Participant
@windexx

I personally think you should wait until after the surgery. It would be your best bet.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.