JeremyTheJew
Participant
@jeremythejew

Why is it that they felt the need to script even NY ink!? i dont get why they needed to add all this drama. for instance… in season one Megan Massacre friend wanted a goat on one foot and a sheep head on the other. And befopre getting it she stated how it hurt and may want to only get one foot done at a time. and so of course i thurt real bad and she only got one done. in the mean time… it jusy so happened her friend happened to fuck her boyfriend… and megan comes out on top by not finishing the other foot… c mon, whats the point for scripting that?

as well as such things as chris torres just happening to be in such places to start drama, etc…

i didnt feel that miami ink was scripted at all. now i only have season one on dvd so maybe it changed… but its just sad that even these shows are now scripted.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

All reality TV is scripted. The majority of TV viewers are borderline retarded and need to be force-fed their drama in carefully predetermined doses so as not to lose interest and wake up from their entropy.

I just want to watch the shows for the tattoos, the artists and the occasional authentic story. That’s enough to keep me coming back, all without the awful choreographed drama.

JeremyTheJew
Participant
@jeremythejew

yeah, deffinatly agreed. but i dont really remmember Miami Ink being scripted? IDK, maybe its just me but i thought that was actually real. i only have the first season though.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Miami Ink was, in a sense, the first of it’s kind, and the genre has transformed since then.

If I remember correctly, you are right in that the first season wasn’t too badly scripted, but as the show went on these obviously scripted fights started breaking out over idiotic and pointless things. Much of the drama obviously surrounded Kat Von D, so when she quit the shop and started her own show I wasn’t exactly surprised. That show was far worse, with the script ruling all from day one.

Dan
Participant
@dan

@ArniVidar 145915 wrote:

I just want to watch the shows for the tattoos, the artists and the occasional authentic story. That’s enough to keep me coming back,

/ this…………………….

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

Fact of the matter is, people are generally kinda boring. Unless they are your friends and you understand their humour and stuff, watching other people can be kinda dull, so it has to be scripted in some ways or it would just be a bunch of people quietly getting tattooed. I don’t personally feel the need to sit there and explain my sob stories for hours while im tattooed, no one elses business, and our general chitchat isn’t particularly interesting to anyone else!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.