scrubmuncher
    Participant
    @scrubmuncher

I’ve ignored all this Miami this and LA that bullshit thats been going on but have now had a look to see what all this is about.

A bit rough and not ‘that’ sexy is she. Never seen the show but read a bit about her and seen various stuff on her work, but all this Kat von D ‘this n that’ as if she’s some gorgeous burd is a bit much and way overkill init?

Her work is very quick and good from what I’ve seen so good luck to her in her business n all

But leave the admiration for someone who deserves it though, fuck me!!

Marea
    Participant
    @marea

@scrubmuncher 23547 wrote:

I’ve ignored all this Miami this and LA that bullshit thats been going on but have now had a look to see what all this is about.

A bit rough and not ‘that’ sexy is she. Never seen the show but read a bit about her and seen various stuff on her work, but all this Kat von D ‘this n that’ as if she’s some gorgeous burd is a bit much and way overkill init?

Her work is very quick and good from what I’ve seen so good luck to her in her business n all

But leave the admiration for someone who deserves it though, fuck me!!

Ok so no offence, I get that you Obv. don’t really “feel” Kat but hey ho – everyone is different, I mean…that’s why there’s 31 flavours eh??? I think Kat is SUPER talented, she is VERY highly regarded in the industry and in her field and mannnnnnnnnn….I THINK she’s HAWT! Regardless if you think she’s hot though, she definitely demands the respect that she’s earned through tattooing.

– Mx

scrubmuncher
    Participant
    @scrubmuncher

[QUOTE=Marea; I think Kat is SUPER talented, she is VERY highly regarded in the industry and in her field and mannnnnnnnnn….I THINK she’s HAWT!

– Mx

No question she has talent! To the degree she is recieving gratification for? I doubt it. She’s become a label in her own right now so people aren’t going to her purely for her artistic talent, it’s become like buying a designer shirt or whatever. I’d be very quite shocked if she is as highly regarded in her field as many people obviously think she is, I gather quite alot of people in the industry feel she’s sold out, not that popular around the tattooing circles, yet manages to keep landing famous names to keep her popular with the people who matter.
    Sort of the reminder of lou malloy, tattoo a few famous people, and people will come running. No doubt he is talented also, but he’s not the sharpest needle in the box neither.

Sorry if that comes across rather negative, but seeing all this ‘I want to be like Kat von D’ crap is quite rediculous.

turbosatan
    Keymaster
    @turbosatan

wanna be like here?? nah

but would i kick her out of bed for farting??

Hell no

In terms of being a great anythign she is just the subject of peoples attentions so you alsways have wannabees and i dont hink she is one of the greatest artists in the world but hell if she came over to me and asked for a quicky behind the tattoo chair i couldnt turn her down 😀

phil_104
    Participant
    @phil_104

I dont mind her, and I do think she is hawt.

As far as this talk around the internet that she might not be the most deserving person to get all the credit, I think that it is great first of all that tattoo artist are getting recognised as artists in the more mainstream media.

Yes Kat might not be the best out there, but she is pretty damn good, and she is bringing new attention to the art that was not there before in the more mainstream culture. For that, I have to give her props.

scrubmuncher
    Participant
    @scrubmuncher

I can see where you are coming from. It’s good for artists and business. I persoanlly don’t think tattoos are the mainstream thing, or they shouldn’t be. Used to be you could be out and only bump into a few inked people, or meet people the odd person on holiday or whatever. Now I feel like part of some kind of meat market in the summer, everyone is coloured up and it’s become part of the mainstream, and that is something that I never thought it would do in my lifetime.

Although not giving a toss what other people think, it makes no difference at all anymore, every granny and her great grand daughter and dog are inked up now, personaly, I’m not with all that commercial tattooing.

However I do respect others rights to think what they want and do what they want and be left to get on with it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.