james86
Participant
@james86

I really want to get a tattoo that relates to members of my family who do not like tattoos at all….

So I feel it would be wrong to get something too specific, like their name!!

But really do need to get it done for myself…. Does anyone have any ideas on slightly less specific family related tattoos?

Cheers

67Olds
Participant
@67olds

What about getting something that incorporates their first initial? I have a vine with flowers and I have the first initials of both my boys. You could have the artist work it so that initials are so worked into the design they don’t just stand out like a sore thumb.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

How about stick figures representing them?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Get something that they like or enjoy doing. Example mom likes to knit get a ball of yarn w/ some needles. Dad likes to fish get a fishing pole and fishing net. Sister like drugs get a syringe Etc

james86
Participant
@james86

Thank you…..

Not sure about the stick figures!

The suggestions actually help alot, especially the initials idea.

I will write up a few ideas and then post again.

Thank you all again

james86
Participant
@james86

What do you guys think about getting a tattoo about a family member, when you would never show it to them as you think they would hate it?

Has anyone got anything similar?

Karviniya
Participant
@karviniya

Some not little part of people hates tatoo. It’s true. But if this people of your relatives or friends the situation will be such usually:
1 – Wil you don’t get tattoo if other people hates tattoo, won’t you? Yes. You will get tattoo and what say other people doesn’t so matter.
2 – And want o don’t want you relatives or friend you will have tattoo. They do not stop talking to you then. They will have to live with it.
3 – And relatives and friend of man who got tattoo will perceive his tattoos is not as critical with time. It’s true and i have many examples of this situation before my eyes. Some of them even begin to love tattoos and get it in future. =)

My relatives not love tattoo too. Even though I’m a tattoo artist ๐Ÿ™‚ They hates tattoo last time. And just not love tattoo very much now. Some of them even like them now. I will get tattooportraits of my mother in future and she wasn’t glad it. But her portrait like the passage of time ๐Ÿ™‚
And it don’t so seriously.)

james86
Participant
@james86

Thank you for the reply ๐Ÿ™‚

I agree that it doesnt matter as it is for myself and not someone else… thats really important.

I think I am worried its almost a bit of an insult to them do get something so direct…. but your right, probably taking too seriously!

probably best if I get something more abstract.

does anyone have any dates or years tattooed on themselves that relate to family?

pidjones
Participant
@pidjones

Note that a birth date isn’t very abstract.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.