Ganjii
Participant
@ganjii

Hey there all! New to the forums and I’ve been looking around, and love all the work that I’ve been seeing.

My names Kevin and I’m a 26 yr old male and I do not have any tattoos at the moment. I’ve seen a lot around and I’ve been thinking for a long time and I’ve come to realize that I am now ready to get my 1st tattoo. The problem is though I can’t figure out what to get. So I thought I’d join the forum and maybe ask/look around.

The way I see it when it comes to tattoos is as the quote goes, “”The stupidest question is the question that has not been asked” I’d rather ask as many question as I can, then to go ahead and get my first tattoo and be disappointed for life.

So if anyone has any ideas they can throw at me. Let’s see; I’m white skinned, love computers, my chinese animal is the ox, and love computer games such as League Of Legends.

That’s all I can think of for now, maybe to help you with giving me some ideas. I just want the 1st one too actually mean something and not just get it because it “looks cool” I look forward to seeing your advice and comments. Thanks all!

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

Could get something computer related.. If you don’t like that idea, then just find something you like.. Trying to add meaning to a tattoo kind of ruins any relation the two have together, unless there is an image that solely represents something meaningful in your life.

A lot of people will say that each tattoo should have meaning, or a cool story behind it, but there shouldn’t be any obligations to getting one done simply because you like the image.

Do some research and find out what you like, there are many styles of tattoos; traditional, japanese, realistic, etc..

Hope I helped a little

Zach

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

Most important thing in my eyes was finding the best possible artist for my tastes. You seem like you haven’t rushed things which is good. I researched artists for like 6 months to a year before taking the plunge.

Where are you located?

Black and Grey or colour?

Where on your body do you want it?

Size?

Budget?

loads to think about.

Ganjii
Participant
@ganjii
peterpoose;111910 wrote:
Most important thing in my eyes was finding the best possible artist for my tastes. You seem like you haven’t rushed things which is good. I researched artists for like 6 months to a year before taking the plunge.

Where are you located?

Black and Grey or colour?

Where on your body do you want it?

Size?

Budget?

loads to think about.

I’m located in Denver, CO, I want it on my left upper arm, small tattoo too start out, and I definitely want color. ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m thinking since I don’t want it too big for the first 1 (1 session) that it wouldn’t be too much money.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

In my opinion…………you have to know what you want, thru and thru to the bone you need to know it is the right tattoo, they last forever and can cause decades of happiness or decades of regret, search some of the internet web galleries, I am sure something will strike you, once you get an idea in your head, go see an artist and let them design that thought into a tattoo, they are the creators

Ganjii
Participant
@ganjii

Thanks all! I’ve really been looking around and saving pictures to a folder of the ones I really like and to help come up with something of my own. As everyone said, I am not trying to rush anything, especially when it comes to a tattoo that will last forever. I understand that this truly isn’t like picking something up at the store that you can return later if you don’t like, so I am taking my time until I feel right about what I have picked.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

For me, the first place to start is to just decide what KIND of tattoos you like and don’t like. Once you’ve narrowed that down, your own internal search mechanism becomes more focused and you find it easier to find things that you like. Once you’ve gotten a good grasp of what you like, you can start researching artists that specialize in that, and looking through their portfolios for truly awe-inspiring tattoos. THOSE should be the foundation on which you base your decision on what to get. Screw the meaning, unless you find the meaning to be particularly necessary. Although most of my future tattoos are based on some (somewhat) deeper meaning, others I want to get for the imagery alone ๐Ÿ™‚

Panter
Participant
@panter

To be perfectly honest dude, I don’t think you are quite ready yet.
I wanted one (on and off) since I was 18 but wasn’t ready to get one until recently (I’m nearly 40 now)

Just remember the obvious, they don’t wash off, don’t get it wrong!

Good luck ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.