tattoyou
Participant
@tattoyou

added some.. and thank you 😉

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

are you a apprentice in a shop or do you tattoo from home 🙂 ?

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

i think i’ll just stay quiet and see what you guys of this before i say anything more, though i believe i am safe with my original suspicions lol good luck

tattoyou
Participant
@tattoyou

Unfortunately I do not apprentice under anyone just yet. I am suppossed to be getting a portfolio together and giving it to a guy at a shop nearby. I only do work for friends on the side, no charge (as you can prob. see why). Im hoping to get it to him soon. I never said my work was wonderful, I do better on paper than skin as of now. Im about to add a couple of recent ones Ive done, all the ones I just posted are from a few months ago. Hoping I will be under apprenticship soon so I can advance and get a hell alot better hehe 😉

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

you should not be doing anything on ANYONE’S skin, including your own until you have done 100’s of drawings and perfected them, then put the best of those drawings into a portfolio and doing hard time cleaning and changing the bins in a shop, use that time to watch and learn without touching anyone. Please stop tattoooing people you dont know enough about this to be able to do a decent job that wont look ugly or get infected and you are permanently marking these people for life (or costing them a lot of money in laser surgery!) this is not the way to get inot this trade and no-one will respect you for doing this. Please stick to a pencil and paper for now, you shouldnt even own a machine at this stage. You have no knowlege of health and safety and avoiding infection, just please trust that if you want this career enough you need to concentrate on drawing and throw the gun away. You are years away from tattooing anyone at this point im afraid so please just be patient before you cause someone permanent damage. Scratchers are neither respected nor tolerated im afraid.

This is friendly advice so please take it that way and find the best possible teacher you can. do your homework and it will pay off. See DavidJedNat’s thread on his apprenticeship tattoos and you’ll see what i mean 🙂

tattoyou
Participant
@tattoyou

I read it and thank you bluntness is always a good thing 😉 .. By the way how much is this apprenticing going to cost me? Im almost scred to ask..

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

My friend got he’s apprentiship for free, depends really.

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Hi there and welcome to the forum. :):):)

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

You really have no clue what you’re doing.
Stop

Panter
Participant
@panter

Why do you do facial tattoo’s? genuine question, just curious.
I mean I understand why someone would want a home scratched tattoo where it would rarely be seen, but why would someone want one on their face?

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

honestly………we welcome you to the site………but………..you dont show the skills in drawing or with a machine that would earn you an apprenticeship.

please stop fucking people up and find another hobby………so far your work is going to make a laser operator a little moeny, lets not make him rich. if you have any good drawings we would take a look at them and possibly I could change my mind, but I just dont think thats going to happen.

you will never be respected in the tattoo community for taking up a machine with rudimentary drawing skills and putting down such crappy work……….yoour best bet if you ever plan on working in this industry is to stop tattooing and work on your drawing and artistic skills.

sorry for the blunt reaction, but you are permenantly marking people bodies with shit……..I know they volunteered, but they may not realize the long term implications of what you are doing,

StandardIssue
Participant
@standardissue

oh geez… you’re not ready to be doing ink on living creatures yet… stick to practice skin.

As far as cost of a real apprenticeship, I’m currently working with a world class artist who had done one recently and charged $7K for two years, but has since vowed that he’d never do it again.

^^^my artist started as a scratcher until he finally got an apprenticeship, but that was BEFORE practice skin existed. That’s why I’m not leaning into you as hard as some of the others here, but please stop…build up your talents and then try to get an apprenticeship.

REmoKeiTH
Participant
@remokeith

Well I just love this Thread and Actually I’s looking for the same kinda thread so I’ve got it in this Forum I’m so glad and I’m really so thankful to all of you guys that you’ve posted much informative and useful anime..

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.