DesireeWithTattoos
Participant
@desireewithtattoos

Hello everyone!
I came here in January looking for advice on starting a half sleeve I had no idea what I wanted or if I even wanted something so bold. But, after receiving advice from a few members I decided that it was something I would do to mark an important time in my life, so I decided to wait for that time to come. Well almost a month later my Grandma who was more of a mother to me passed away suddenly. So I knew right away that I wanted something to honor her life and the huge part she played in my life. Once I sat down to think about what I wanted it all just came together and felt perfect! I am almost finished with my sleeve and I absolutely LOVE it!

You can see pictures of my work in my album <3

Desiree

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Thank god you got it done! It really suits you and you should be proud because it look’s really good quality. The sleeve looks amazing. And im sorry about your Grandmother.

DesireeWithTattoos
Participant
@desireewithtattoos

Haha, yeah I finally got it started! We still have to do full color, but for it being halfway finished I am so in love with it! Thank you for your condolences, this tattoo has really been therapy for me.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

It’s good that you waited because this tattoo actually means something to you :p

Be sure to keep us updated with the progress of your amazing Ink and hopefully you will be getting Inked alot more!! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Wow, what a wonderful tribute to your grandmother. Very sorry to hear about your loss, though. Tattoo is looking great. Looking forward to more pics! :):)

albert1500
Participant
@albert1500

very nice, cant wait to see it finished.

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

Awesome ink, will you marry me? ๐Ÿ™‚

ArniVidar
@arnividar
BigZach;91226 wrote:
Awesome ink, will you marry me? ๐Ÿ™‚

Get in line ๐Ÿ˜€

puzzled1
Participant
@puzzled1

Would you mind sharing what some of the elements in the sleeve symbolize in relation to your grandma?

I decided on a sleeve as a tribute to my Mom and all the main aspects relate directly to her.

DesireeWithTattoos
Participant
@desireewithtattoos

The owl of course symbolizes her in her wisdom and wealth of knowledge, the roses and gardenias were her favorite flowers, and the banner says “The Best is Lost” a line from the poem Dirge Without Music. That poem is my favorite because it helped get me through her final days and ultimately her funeral.

puzzled1
Participant
@puzzled1

So meaningful…I love your choice of symbols…

and the 2, 14 … the date of her passing?

DesireeWithTattoos
Participant
@desireewithtattoos

THANK YOU and yes. ๐Ÿ™‚

puzzled1
Participant
@puzzled1

Take care of yourself, it takes a long time to get over a loss like this. But what a wonderful way to remember your grandmother with a fine sleeve like yours.

DesireeWithTattoos
Participant
@desireewithtattoos
puzzled1;91237 wrote:
Take care of yourself, it takes a long time to get over a loss like this. But what a wonderful way to remember your grandmother with a fine sleeve like yours.

I’m sure this is a loss I’ll never get over, but this tattoo has been a step in the right direction ๐Ÿ™‚ Thank you <3

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

That is some gorgeous work, Desiree. Shows some true mastery of the machine on the artist’s part. Excellent.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.