iggybuddi
Participant
@iggybuddi

Hey. I live in Southern Vermont. I currently don’t have any tattoos though I can’t wait to get all my ideas actually on my skin. I do have several piercings though. I’ll be going to a vet tech school next summer and I should be getting my first tattoo before then. Since I don’t currently have any tats, I don’t really know what else to say…well Hi from the middle of nowhere 🙂

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Hi and welcome to the forum! Why don’t you tell us what some of your tattoo ideas are and where you want them. Have you any pics of your piercings? 🙂

Bope
Participant
@bope

hello..welcome to the forum…

iggybuddi
Participant
@iggybuddi

I just uploaded a picture of my piercings. I’ll be getting more of those soon. I have several ideas for tattoos. I was gonna go for a quote from a song as a tribute to my brother who passed away 4 years ago this September. But I decided I’d make it more personal and put the quotes into art. The quote is “The stars in the night, they lend me their light
to bring me closer to heaven with you.” So, instead of lettering I decided to get a girl sitting in a field looking above a treeline up at the stars with one particularly bright shining star as if that is the star lending light. Or something along that idea. I’d love some feedback or criticism because I’ve only seen it in my mind and haven’t heard any opinions on it. I’m thinking I want it on my lower back and then I can add more into the “sky”/my upper back although I’m not sure what, maybe it’ll be like heaven and I can add stuff into it. Thanks!

Thaela
Participant
@thaela

Welcome to the forum 🙂 I just joined today too and this is a great place for info. I think your idea sounds lovely 🙂

iggybuddi
Participant
@iggybuddi

Thank you! Your pawprint idea sounds great. I know at some point I’ll get a pawprint/s on me at some point as well. And thank you. I was also thinking of getting a portrait of my older brother above the sky and then my dogs as they pass because he is the one who discovered my love of dogs so it is a tribute to mix them together. I was also thinking of having the girl sitting in a tree and be dangling her legs from the branch she is sitting on but who knows I still have some time.

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

Okay, I have an idea, but it would take a seriously awesome artist to pull it off. I’m thinking the girl, as you’ve said, (you, I’m assuming) sitting and reaching toward that star, with the star’s light kind of forming a ghost hand and reaching down to the girl’s outstretched hand. Sounds a bit cheesy to read it, I know, but a great artist could make it a piece to be worshiped. Anyway, that’s one idiot’s idea. Oh, and welcome!

iggybuddi
Participant
@iggybuddi

That’s a really good idea, Dan. I was thinking along those line as well. ONe idea I had was an actual star shining light on the girl and/or having her raptured but I wasn’t sure. It would definitely need a good artist. Here’s a question for you though. Color or black & grey. I’m thinking black & grey but maybe some hints of color in the stars or trees. Ideas?

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

You’re a girl after my own heart, Ig. My favorite work is always b&g with a bit of color skillfully laid in. Again, it takes an awesome artist with an impeccable sense of style, but if you want people to fall in love with your ink, it’s worth the search!

iggybuddi
Participant
@iggybuddi

Oh definitely, this will be an ongoing tattoo so it will need to be perfect. But thanks sooooooo much for your ideas!!

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

Sure! Thanks for posting pics! ( A little pet peeve of mine). 😉

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

welcome to the forum:p

DOJAGUY
Participant
@dojaguy

Welcome welcome….. Start of small…. Dont jump into a huge ass project right away.

iggybuddi
Participant
@iggybuddi

Dave, no problem. I’ll be uploading more tonight hopefully as well. Thanks for the welcoming everybody! And I do intend on starting smaller but I haven’t exactly decided what or where yet so this was the only idea I really knew for certain.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.