Bope
Participant
@bope

welcome to the forum…

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

Hey, Thaela. That is definitely a quality shop. I don’t see a huge difference between Chase’s work and that of Mike or Matt, so I wouldn’t wait around for him if the others were available. Anyway, if the place looks clean and you are comfortable with the people there, I say you’ve got a winner!

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

Oh, also, they would be able to give you advice on placement and the wear of the area you were considering. I personally haven’t seen any foot tattoos that looked clean and sharp after a couple years, but touch ups are pretty much a part of the whole deal. I’m no expert, though. Like I said, those guys should be able to help you out.

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury
Thaela;90449 wrote:
Thanks for the warm welcome! ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m glad you replied because I have seen some of your posts and gallery photos, you seem really cool ๐Ÿ™‚

I think it’s great that you got the tattoo you wanted, and I completely understand about the making deals with the hubby ๐Ÿ˜‰ I waited to bring it up for a very long time, and chose the exact right moment to do it… You know us women have a way of getting what we want in the end ๐Ÿ˜‰ lol

And of course I will post pics when I have it done! ๐Ÿ™‚ I was hoping for some feedback on one of the places I was considering, and about the actual location for the piece before I moved forward. But maybe I should make a separate thread? Not sure how many people actually come back and check these newbie posts..

Thanks again ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi again! Well, I think location of the tattoo is a very valid concern. It was for me as well. I was concerned about it being on my leg because I’m always getting bruised there or worse. I’m one of those obsessed nuts who protects her tattoo to the hilt! I have even gone so far as making contraptions to wrap and wear around my leg when I have to do yard work outside. I’m always afraid of scratching or worse. I would definitely ask the forum (on a new thread because it will get more attention if it is posted in the correct category) about the location. You want this to last and if friction is a possible concern, then you want to know now before making that final decision. I suppose touch-ups are always an option should there be any issues later on down the road, so, I guess that is something to think about as well. Thanks for the nice words and oh, yes, we do have a way don’t we? ๐Ÿ˜‰ Hahaha. And they say men rule the world hehehehehe.

You seem like a very cool and fun person!! Glad you’re here.

See ya on the forum! ๐Ÿ™‚

ArniVidar
@arnividar

I have no comment on Michigan artists, but I just wanted to say that that is one of the nicest paw prints I have ever seen. I’m loving it ๐Ÿ™‚

Thaela
Participant
@thaela
Dave Van;90522 wrote:
That is definitely a quality shop. I don’t see a huge difference between Chase’s work and that of Mike or Matt, so I wouldn’t wait around for him if the others were available. Anyway, if the place looks clean and you are comfortable with the people there, I say you’ve got a winner!

I’m really glad to hear that, thanks so much for the feedback! Makes things a lot easier if I don’t have to search around ๐Ÿ™‚

And thanks for the input on the location. I didn’t really think about that until I saw the article on Yahoo (hey I guess celebs are useful for something, eh? lol…). I think hubby would like it better in my hip bone area anyway so maybe its meant to be ๐Ÿ˜‰

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van
Thaela;90535 wrote:
I’m really glad to hear that, thanks so much for the feedback! Makes things a lot easier if I don’t have to search around ๐Ÿ™‚

And thanks for the input on the location. I didn’t really think about that until I saw the article on Yahoo (hey I guess celebs are useful for something, eh? lol…). I think hubby would like it better in my hip bone area anyway so maybe its meant to be ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anytime! Make sure to post a pic or two when it’s finished!

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

and if worse comes to worse and you change your mind about getting that tattoo you could always get “Wardy” on your bottem ๐Ÿ™‚

Thaela
Participant
@thaela
WardyInk;90765 wrote:
and if worse comes to worse and you change your mind about getting that tattoo you could always get “Wardy” on your bottem ๐Ÿ™‚

LOL yeah bet hubby would love that :p

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Check out Jay Wheeler in Livonia, MI.

Thaela
Participant
@thaela
D3FiANC3;90896 wrote:

Thanks for the info ๐Ÿ™‚

I actually have a consult set up with XS tomorrow so hopefully all goes well ๐Ÿ™‚

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
D3FiANC3;90896 wrote:

I checked out his work. I second this recommendation very stellar work.

Parademic
Participant
@parademic

I’d say a little over an hour, and $200 would be on the high end

Thaela
Participant
@thaela

Went for my consult today ๐Ÿ™‚ I go back for the actual tattoo on August 1st, which was the soonest he had an evening appointment (so my hubby who works midnights can go with me). Which is good timing considering we have a weekend up north at the lake the last weekend in July so I don’t have to worry about getting lake water in it.

Anyway, I’m super excited ๐Ÿ˜€

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Congrats. Please stick around and make sure to post pics after you get it done.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.