KittyHawk
Participant
@kittyhawk

Hey, dudes and dudettes! As you can see, I just signed up and I’m happy to be here. I’ve been lurking for the past few days and wanted to introduce myself. I’m Andrea; I’ve got four pieces currently (see my album for three of them; I can’t seem to locate a photo of my fourth at the moment, rats), with a half sleeve in the works.

This is my most current baby, done this past Friday:

Photo189.jpg

It’s currently in the nasty peely/itchy phase, but I’m hoping that won’t last too much longer. Once it’s good and healed we’ll be adding a lot of spacey background that will wrap up and around to my scapula.

Looking forward to getting to know y’all better. 🙂

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Hi and welcome.

stubarber
Participant
@stubarber

Hello.
Your other 2 tattoos are well done. Glad to see you’re using a quality artist(s?).

Not sure where you’re new one is going, but interested to see the development.

Johnzy
Participant
@johnzy

Hi there! and welcome! Would love to see that half sleeve in progress! keep us posted!

KittyHawk
Participant
@kittyhawk

Thanks to all for the warm welcome!!! I’m looking forward to working on the rest of my half-sleeve; my ideas are still pretty nebulous, but once my artist and I get some better ideas, I’ll be sure to post.

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw

Welcome. And by “BFE” Florida, are you referring to Gaskin? :O

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

what is that tattoo on your arm suppossed to be ????? ……….sort of looks like a stylized philadelphia flyers decal………

images.jpg

and ……..scapula is not a word that i run into everyday…………..:p……….if the tattoo wasn’t on your arm, i would have had to google that part of your body to see if was interesting……….

i do like your other tattos though, just think that that is aLOT of black on your arm, and don’t know what it is and where it is going from there

Adler
Participant
@adler

Welcome. I like your tattoos, my close friend has been in the fire dept. for 25 years so I can really appreciate the maltese cross you have.

KittyHawk
Participant
@kittyhawk
maniacthw;81239 wrote:
Welcome. And by “BFE” Florida, are you referring to Gaskin? :O

Ha, no. I had to Google that to figure out where that even is. I’m down on the Space Coast, smack in between Daytona and Cocoa. It’s pretty desolate out here. Looks like you have me beat though!

reefdiver;81241 wrote:
what is that tattoo on your arm suppossed to be ????? ……….sort of looks like a stylized philadelphia flyers decal………

It’s a Battlestar Galactica reference, but it has a lot of meaning between my husband and me. It’s difficult to articulate to folks who haven’t seen the show. It really chronicles the human condition, physical and mental strength, and perseverance. As a writer, it really speaks to me. It’s a great show, despite what connotations the name might elicit.

Adler;81242 wrote:
Welcome. I like your tattoos, my close friend has been in the fire dept. for 25 years so I can really appreciate the maltese cross you have.

Thanks. It’s not as intricate as I’d like it to be, but I got it so shortly after my grandpa passed that the sentimental value trumps any desire to add to it. 🙂

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw
KittyHawk;81260 wrote:
Ha, no. I had to Google that to figure out where that even is. I’m down on the Space Coast, smack in between Daytona and Cocoa. It’s pretty desolate out here. Looks like you have me beat though!

I live in Brandon, of course I beat you :D.

As for Battlestar Galactica… It was written by a comic writer… You into any comics? 😮

wiskey
@

found a cool site http://www.tattooedtimes.com

KittyHawk
Participant
@kittyhawk
maniacthw;81263 wrote:
I live in Brandon, of course I beat you :D.

As for Battlestar Galactica… It was written by a comic writer… You into any comics? 😮

Nah, I’ve never been much into comics. I have great respect for the art, but I’ve never really sat down with anything. Nothing against it really, I’ve just always been drawn to more traditional fiction. Got any suggestions for a newbie? I was also unaware about BSG’s ties to comics; is that Ron Moore you’re referring to?

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw

The name is escaping me right now. It wasn’t Geoff Johns or Mark Waid, but it was somebody who did a few TV shows. I know the also wrote a few episodes, and produced the first couple of seasons of Lost.

As for suggestions: Azrael (though it’s getting canceled next month), Green Arrow, Punisher MAX (grab them all, they’re awesome!), and Preacher stick out as good ones.

Aahzz
Participant
@aahzz

Hiya! I like the pics of your ink so far – hoping you take a pic of number 4 as well 😀

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.