JRH
Participant
@jrh

Hello all

Names Josh im 16 and from united kingdom by liverpool.I hope to get some ink in the future so just joined the forum to get ideas.

i already have 1 idea which is
Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die tommorow
Across my back.
I think this quote represents alot and is one of my favourites.

But obviously over the 2 years until i can get a tattoo alot will change and i will probably have new ideas.

Thanks 😀

AhshKoshBGosh
Participant
@ahshkoshbgosh

Hiya Josh… Welcome to it!! How did ya hear about the forum? Hope you enjoy it here!!

JRH
Participant
@jrh

Cheers!

I found it on Google just typed in tattoo forum.

😀

AhshKoshBGosh
Participant
@ahshkoshbgosh

Awesome sauce!! Nice to have ya here.

JRH
Participant
@jrh

Good to be here!

Poesy
Participant
@poesy

Heya!

Welcome. I’m pretty new as well 🙂

Few things to beware of – lots of people here offer really good advice. See constructive criticism on ideas as what it is – an attempt to help. But don’t let people simply step on your ideas either. Lots of people have cemented ideas about what they like, but that doesnt make your ideas any the less valid!

Any reason for the James Dean quote? It’s a nice one. I love text tattoos 😀 As you have two years, I’d suggest looking around at similar quotes, or ideas and then finding quotes. There are lots of beautiful variations on that, and you might find one that suits more (I’m a lit student and pretty obsessive about my quotes though, so feel free to ignore me!)

Poesy

JRH
Participant
@jrh

No particular reason to be quite honest.
I just think the quote resembles alot and its one that stands out for me.
I have a few quotes in mind but this is the one that stands out the most.

But like you say just look around at other quotes and no doubt i will have changed my mind i like a few tupac quotes and that but its just all ideas at the moment and i have alot of time to think carefully what i want to get.
And when i get it done i think the style is going to be Celtic Script.

Thanks 😀

Poesy
Participant
@poesy

Just for example…

Dream as if you’ll live forever. Live as if you’ll die today. – the actual James Dean quotation (sorry, I realise i got it wrong thinking that’s what you were quoting)

Every man dies. Not every man really lives. ~Braveheart

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.- Oscar Wilde

You may delay, but time will not. ~Benjamin Franklin

Is there life before death? ~Author Unknown

Cowards die many times before their deaths;
The valiant never taste of death but once.
~William Shakespeare

Those are just a few examples from one website and my memory! I’m not saying your one isn’t good (it’s great!), just an idea of how to fill the next two years – making sure you’ve got the one you want

Poesy

JRH
Participant
@jrh

For some reason i knew it was today in my head but i keep putting tommorow.
my bad haha.

Yeah thanks for that Poesy im just gonna get loads that take my eye, or mean something and work from there.

😀

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

welcome to the forum, i am sure you will find the perfect quote in the time you have left to wait 😉

JRH
Participant
@jrh

By time im 18 i will have many ideas as i really would like a Al Capone portrait aswel

al_capone_bat.jpg

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

i like the quote but would place it across your back .
like you said you have years to think it through more :rolleyes:

kristenroy
@

Hey!

My name is Kristen and I am very new! I love all of the thread topics and am so glad there are so many people that share the same love for tattoos and design as me…can’t wait to get to know everyone better and share ideas!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.