The Human Instrument
    Participant
    @the-human-instrument

I’m a 25 year old male, married with 2 daughters, and hopefully a son on the way. I’ve had 5 tattoos done, two on my arm, one on each wrist, and my calf.

Now, down to business. As I stated in the forum title.. I’m a bit artistically challenged, in a word.. I suck. All of my previouse work has been a combo band symbols, and others within the celtic category. I am in the process of getting myself a full sleeve. With much of a zombie-esque pirate theme. As, this project will be more in depth then my previous pieces, I was wondering if anyone would have any idea in how I would go about putting a sleeve piece together? I’ve been trying to figure it out.. searching the internet, talking to artists I know (of the non-tattooing persuasion), and still have no idea where to start. Any and all comments would be appreciated.

The Human Instrument

“Feeling the moment when they cry
    My body is sentenced to see where they go
    Still they are crying, and deny that mother earth has send them to shores far beyond”

smallville_hero
    Participant
    @smallville_hero

welcome to the forum. I would of said speak to an artists and people that have had them done.
    sorry I bet the other responses will be more helpful.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

The easiest way to make a sleeve is to look at the spaces between the tattoos you have and in your mind think what would link each tattoo together.

If you want a zombie-pirate theme;

Picture where the waves of the sea will go (will they be blood tinged)

Would you have Davy’s Locker with a skeltal arm pulling souls down to the deep.

Will there be ships? Or would you prefer the nautical cross made from bones?

Would there be pirates in full body or just the heads – will these fit around the tatts you have.

Zombie parrots?

Just flinging a few ideas out there.

Once you can picture what you want a tattoo artist should be able to mold the idea into a drawing.

Take Care
    Matthew

The Human Instrument
    Participant
    @the-human-instrument

Those are some great ideas, thank you kindly.

I’m thinking of starting it off, with a jolly roger on the ball of my shoulder. However, unlike a regular/normal skull and cross bones, giving it some flesh/bones/blood.

I was also looking at getting so 3/4 bodied zombie pirates emerging from mist, and within the mist the words “dead men tell no tales” would be spelled out. I can definitly see using some of your idea, especially the chest idea.. maybe have the arm pulling at the words is some way.

Thanks again.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.