dalinadali93
Participant
@dalinadali93

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1304480046229506&set=pcb.1304480132896164&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1304480072896170&set=pcb.1304480132896164&type=3&theater

hello, im dalina, 23 y o, i live in portugal.

im a painter and decided to explore tattoos, so i bought a machine, got a pig skin and started.

these are the first 2 tattoos i made.none of them has stencil, i improvised the shapes and the shades.

the square one i use line needle for line and shade needle for shade, and the triangle one i did entirely with the smallest line needle that came with the machine.

what do you guys think?

(hope you can access the photos)

Tattooos
Participant
@tattooos

As per my experience you need more guide because you have not good clarity in the tattoo design and border lines are not clean. Right now you need more practice on it and also you can get help Google tutorials which is posted by experience artists in the world. Here is the one example for you. Please have a look.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi
Glad it was practice skins and not your leg 🙂
As first attempts go it is a good effort but as said you need to practice on liner control (outline is a bit wobbly). Also always pre-sketch as the spacing is out which makes the tattoo look distorted.
I would love to see some paintings you have done as will better give an idea of your art style and composition.

Take care
Matthew

harles.M
Participant
@harles-m

If you are committed to learning to Tattoo then you will find a way through, my advice is to find someone who obviously knows how to Tattoo, then teach you if they can (Tattooer and Tattoo teacher are two different things), if that does not work then the internet is full of instruction, though not all is good information. Learning on your own is a slower process, but if is the only way for you, then have at it. The more you learn the better, learning will never stop in Tattooing, because there is alway more, techniques, styles, genres, subjects, on and on it goes…There are actual Forums setup to specifically learn Tattooing, if you get Reinventing the Tattoo by Guy Atchinson, I think they let you onto a forum for just that purpose.
There are actual Tattoo Forums setup to specifically learn Tattooing, if you get Reinventing the Tattoo by Guy Atchinson, I think they let you onto a forum for just that purpose. Also this forum has a section called PRIVATE: TATTOO ARTISTS – PROFESSIONAL DISCUSSION which might get you the feedback you want.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.