Luna222
Participant
@luna222

Hi everyone,

it’s my first post here, been reading some threads and posters have been helpful and positive and thats what I am looking for..

I’ve always wanted tattoos and this summer I finally got my first, back of neck,great experience, its covered most of the time… Just got tattoo #2, another flower.

The tattoo was pretty spontaneous, the location, everything,,, its really visible and taking some getting used to, especially at work. The past couple days I have been feeling pretty self conscious about it…

I loved it at first and now I still like it, I just have no perspective anymore, if that makes sense…? I am feeling like I need more tattoos to balance my arm out, its like one big flower on my upper wrist and feels like its not complete, let me try and post a pic.. I would love to hear nice things about it an suggestions on completing it, the flower needs more leaves and considering more shading and possible other additions…. Want constructive feedback…

I love art nouveau style and considering an American traditional woman’s face above the rose or birds, wanting ideas on placement also..

I have some other questions if anyone is up for answering, thank

Luna222
Participant
@luna222

Another view

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

It looks clean and well done but kind of boring. Definitely needs more foliage

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

And so it starts….the itch for more. Welcome.

Dan
Participant
@dan

@jerryatrophy 146522 wrote:

And so it starts….the itch for more. Welcome.

LOL this is it for sure !

and welcome to the forums Luna222 🙂

Call_me_Lola
Participant
@call_me_lola

I like it! And it is a good size.

Luna222
Participant
@luna222

Thanks everybody 🙂 I made an appointment to get more tattoos 🙂 I drew on myself and definitely adding leaves to the rose.

Anyone have suggestions on shading? I would like to add more to it, more darker color and would grey shading be wierd? I get intimidated explaining things to the tattooer, I could use your expertise before my appointment! Thx all and thx for the welcomes! ❤

Luna222
Participant
@luna222

Here’s the touched up tattoo

t7ofly.jpg

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

Looks nice. Welcome to the forum.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Same tattooist?

Luna222
Participant
@luna222

Yes, same tattooer.

x6leeb.jpg

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

Looks nice, in my opinion a more Alphonse Mucha styled lady would be more appropriate with how feminine the flower is. Traditional can be very strong next to other styles. I definitely think Art Nouveau would suit it well.

Luna222
Participant
@luna222

@DavidJednat 146612 wrote:

Looks nice, in my opinion a more Alphonse Mucha styled lady would be more appropriate with how feminine the flower is. Traditional can be very strong next to other styles. I definitely think Art Nouveau would suit it well.

Thank you!! Appreciate the feedback! What would you think of something like this….

2rqee7o.jpg

I am talking to the same artist about tattooing some chickadees, I also do LOVE Mucha’s ladies..

Luna222
Participant
@luna222

I am going with flora and fauna on this part of my arm, would love any ideas on that regarding the birds, I am wanting black, do not want to be full of color tattoos but a few here and there…

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@Luna222 146621 wrote:

I am going with flora and fauna on this part of my arm, would love any ideas on that regarding the birds, I am wanting black, do not want to be full of color tattoos but a few here and there…

I like your plan, except I’m for full vibrant colors.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.