degsy
Participant
@degsy

Hi
Just joined the forum. I had a couple of tattoos done many moons ago.
I am now getting on and decided to have a couple of more done.
This is the first of the new ones. It looks better on the skin than the photo.

tat_zpsjzsilgdi.jpg

What do you think?

degsy
Participant
@degsy

No one got an opinion?
I don’t think the large photo does it justice so I have put a slightly smaller one here

21596223424_fcc5c1c2a1.jpgtat by Degsys Pics, on Flickr

Dan
Participant
@dan

@degsy 145950 wrote:

No one got an opinion?
I don’t think the large photo does it justice so I have put a slightly smaller one here

ok,I’ll bite,I don’t really like the design at all,

and it’s hard to see what it is at first glance,I had to study it to see what it is,

IMO a tattoo should be instantly recognizable,

and I have no idea what the letters say.

again,sorry but I really don’t like the tattoo.

but if you like it ,that’s all that matters.

degsy
Participant
@degsy

The letters are INRI look it up. I didn’t ask for a bite I just wanted a honest opinion (it wasn’t a challenge so really no need for the bold letters) and thank you for yours.
I may disagree but at least I got a response.

Dan
Participant
@dan

@degsy 145953 wrote:

The letters are INRI look it up. I didn’t ask for a bite I just wanted a honest opinion (it wasn’t a challenge so really no need for the bold letters) and thank you for yours.
I may disagree but at least I got a response.

you asked for opinions,but mine doesn’t qualify as an opinion ? it’s a “bite” ?

here fill this out.
butthurt.jpg

degsy
Participant
@degsy

I just like these friendly forums.

What bit of “I just wanted a honest opinion and thank you for yours” doesn’t qualify as accepting your point of view? Ignore the brackets for the full sentence!!!!
I will print off your form and post it filled in LOL

Call_me_Lola
Participant
@call_me_lola

I don’t see INRI. I see INRY. There’s a design flaw.

Also the proportion seems wrong on the stake. It is huge compared to the rest of the tattoo. (Big stake bad, big steak good! Sorry, its nearly dinner time.)

So … I don’t really like it.
But you like it, right. And your friends, too?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Sorry I also am not a fan. It is flat and poorly done. I also read it as INRY

jesus-skull-tattoo.jpg
21596223424_fcc5c1c2a1.jpg

I couldn’t find a picture other than yours of that already done but here is a well done dead Jesus tattoo
tumblr_m8cvhoryIh1r5j8ruo1_400.jpg

degsy
Participant
@degsy

Hi
Still here I haven’t gone off to sulk:) I visited the artist today to book another tattoo which I will post on here (Then go and hide behind the settee !)
Whilst I personally like the tattoo I must confess I was a tad disappointed with the definition of the cross. He has said he will touch it up when I next visit so hopefully it will look somewhat better.
Myself I think the INRI looks OK and them that know what it is supposed to be I feel will see that. Them that don’t well who cares.

Until the next time tatty bye.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Please don’t go back to this tattooist!!!! Let us help you find a quality tattooist for you. A great tattoo really doesn’t cost any more then a tat. Where you located? Don’t think you have some special relationship with this guy tat is putting out ho hum work.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

Get your dog to do it in the kitchen with a rusty fork and a biro instead, at least then its unique

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum!

I don’t care for it either. It does look like “INRY”, perhaps it’s just the angle?

Was it done by a professional tattooer?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

@Juan Banda S 146227 wrote:

My new tattoo made in Ecuador. Guayasamin was a great artist with much beautiful works. It is the tattoo above. I’m loving it.

https://www.facebook.com/hosquitox/photos/a.607129402686551.1073741833.538613832871442/962059380526883/?type=3&theater

Looks different. why not start your own thread on it instead of hoping on to this one with the guy with a shitty tattoo?

tuandam
Blocked
@tuandam

Very artistic, but looked a little scared

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.