lyndsay33
Participant
@lyndsay33

I just got this tattoo a few days ago. I know it needs some touch ups but just wondered what you think of the design. It’s my daughters name, scarlett. Thanks. Not sure how to add the pic to this post but it’s on my profile.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

It is hard to read and pretty ho hum it could have been much better. Sorry for the brutal honesty but you asked

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

Not very good. And its upside down.

Dan
Participant
@dan

it looks like carlett,I don’t see the S.

lyndsay33
Participant
@lyndsay33

Um. Okay… Thanks

lyndsay33
Participant
@lyndsay33

Suppose a good touch up and a few changes will improve it. And tattoos are a very personal thing. I’ve looked at some of yours (naming no one in particular) and I find some of them horrendous. So it’s a very individual thing 🙂

Call_me_Lola
Participant
@call_me_lola

I don’t think that it’s terrible, but it’s definitely not a good photo of it. Are the lines much more crisp than it looks I the photo? Did you design it yourself? (It kinda looks to me like you did.) But I also think that a tattoo artist should be able to execute something that size in a way that it shouldn’t need any changes. Or touch ups, unless it heals poorly. You should be 100% happy with the design before the needle touches the skin. And both the client and the artist should be happy with the tattoo before you leave the shop.

What matters is that you like it. It has meaning for you, so I’m sure that you love it.

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

Thanks for reminding me to update my album. Its been a long time!

pidjones
Participant
@pidjones

Do you like it? With something so personal, it doesn’t really matter what the critics think, does it?

ThePanda
Participant
@thepanda

@pidjones 144118 wrote:

Do you like it? With something so personal, it doesn’t really matter what the critics think, does it?

exactly

Guess another one got scared away from the forum. things are different than they were 4 years ago i suppose lol.

anyway i just hope they don’t blurr it up when it gets touched up

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

I think people just need to know the difference between sharing their tattoo and asking for opinions. If you say this is my new ink and someone comments negatively you can say well, it doesnt matter what you think. But if you specifically ask what people think you can’t really then be offended when they tell you the truth.

Personally it wouldnt be something I would have and I would have made the design somewhat clearer and less twee but if that’s what she likes then that’s up to her.

It is upside down though and the tattoo artist should have told her this… Kind of explains the rest of the tattoo really…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.