sturges18
    Participant
    @sturges18

Got this first tattoo done back in july 2014. i saw a sample on google similar and decided to change it a little to make it mine. its a bicycle chain star symbolizing my passion for bicycles. i worked in a bike shop for 3 years, crewed for the Race Across America in 2010 and currently ride a Niner Air 9. i love how the tattoo came out but now i want to add to it. id like to have my full lower leg done but not sure how i can add to this piece.

I would love some help. not asking for anyone to design me a tattoo, just ideas. Thank You!

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum! (and Happy New Year)

Interesting tattoo. I don’t care too much for black and gray, but yours is nice.

Since starting with the chain, I would consider bicycle parts specific to your bike of choice in a collage of sorts.

Keep us posted.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Welcome maybe a set of forks or something. Do seek out a better tattooist.

sturges18
    Participant
    @sturges18

@Sam-I-Am 142567 wrote:

Welcome to the forum! (and Happy New Year)

Interesting tattoo. I don’t care too much for black and gray, but yours is nice.

Since starting with the chain, I would consider bicycle parts specific to your bike of choice in a collage of sorts.

Keep us posted.

a collage is a great idea! i wasn’t sure that if i did a few different parts, it would look like a mess. I’m thinking of doing a “just keep pedaling” quote on my shin with a small bike under just keep. then followed by pedaling underneath.

i currently only like black and white. maybe some color somewheres in the future.

@buttwheat 142570 wrote:

Welcome maybe a set of forks or something. Do seek out a better tattooist.

i though about doing a shock. forks might take up more space than i want to with one tattoo. the artist i used is great! he did better than i expected from what i showed him. there are some areas that need fixing, for instance one of the links don’t perfectly match up with another. but overall I’m happy. thanks!

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@sturges18 142579 wrote:

the artist i used is great! but overall I’m happy. thanks!

No he is not great or even good. If you are happy with below average the you will be fine. Why not find someone tat can do a MUCH better job for you? I really don’t get it when people have such loyalty to crap tattooists, is it because you built up this relationship with this random guy that you payed to spend a couple of hours with? I’m really curious about this.

sturges18
    Participant
    @sturges18

@buttwheat 142580 wrote:

No he is not great or even good. If you are happy with below average the you will be fine. Why not find someone tat can do a MUCH better job for you? I really don’t get it when people have such loyalty to crap tattooists, is it because you built up this relationship with this random guy that you payed to spend a couple of hours with? I’m really curious about this.

Alright, you don’t like how it came out. But i do. Do not be so quick to judge over one tattoo. I did my scouting in my area, and everyone around recommended me to him and one other person. the one other person is a crackhead so its obvious who i would choose.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Are you willing to travel at all maybe an hour or two for something that is for life?
    The proportion is off on the links from one to another in his attempt to show depth, the shading and saturation are poorly done I don’t think it is just your tattoo I think it is his skill level but good choice not going to the crackhead, I googled some 7 shops in your area and yes they all suck. drive the 33miles and get some real work done Hope Gallery Tattoo – New Haven, CT

Adler
    Participant
    @adler

I’m from CT, I missed who the artist was that did this? I can definitely recommend good artists in the state, where abouts are you from?

sturges18
    Participant
    @sturges18

@buttwheat 142582 wrote:

Are you willing to travel at all maybe an hour or two for something that is for life?
    The proportion is off on the links from one to another in his attempt to show depth, the shading and saturation are poorly done I don’t think it is just your tattoo I think it is his skill level but good choice not going to the crackhead, I googled some 7 shops in your area and yes they all suck. drive the 33miles and get some real work done Hope Gallery Tattoo – New Haven, CT

okay. thanks for the suggestion! ill check them out and thank you of your honest opinion buttwheat!

@Adler 142583 wrote:

I’m from CT, I missed who the artist was that did this? I can definitely recommend good artists in the state, where abouts are you from?

I’m from danbury/brookfield. i went to Leo at The Art Club in new milford.

Adler
    Participant
    @adler

@buttwheat 142582 wrote:

Buttwheat I’m curious which shops you looked at? I think there’s at least one pretty good place not far from him, although you are definitely correct about Hope Gallery.

Adler
    Participant
    @adler

@sturges18 142584 wrote:

okay. thanks for the suggestion! ill check them out and thank you of your honest opinion buttwheat!

I’m from danbury/brookfield. i went to Leo at The Art Club in new milford.

In New Milford there’s Skin Deep with Mark Duhan, that’s a good shop.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@Adler 142585 wrote:

Buttwheat I’m curious which shops you looked at? I think there’s at least one pretty good place not far from him, although you are definitely correct about Hope Gallery.

I’m not sure I just googled “tattoo shops Brookfield, Connecticut” I looked at the ones with working links

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.