Original six
    Participant
    @original-six

So got my portrait done , was only his 3rd one and first one in 2years

11057760596_bcb0195443.jpg

Love how it turned out and was good to help someone I class as a friend aswell as my artist

Took after session so obv the red will go and greys will lighten up

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Nice work.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

I like it looks good mate ๐Ÿ™‚

Amok
    Participant
    @amok

Is this your free tattoo? To be honest I was worried as free tattoos are never good, but this looks like a decent one.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Who is it? what is the reference pic?

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

@buttwheat 135983 wrote:

Who is it? what is the reference pic?

its from the movie hangover.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@yodaddynukka 135984 wrote:

its from the movie hangover.

Oh .

……

Amok
    Participant
    @amok

@buttwheat 135985 wrote:

Oh .

……

Yeah I didn’t see the resemblance either.

ITS A SATCHEL!

Original six
    Participant
    @original-six

He wanted to practice portraits so I was his guinea pig ๐Ÿ™‚

barndog
    Participant
    @barndog

Tell him to keep practising

Original six
    Participant
    @original-six

@barndog 136178 wrote:

Tell him to keep practising

Well yeah thats the point of this tattoo? Hes practising as I said

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Original six 136185 wrote:

Well yeah thats the point of this tattoo? Hes practising as I said

That’s cool that you’re letting him work on you to a point.

I have a couple of pieces done by an apprentice. Since I got involved in this forum I’ve stopped though.

My skin is mine for all the rest of my life, and the people that will dissect me once I’m dead. (I can hear the medical students now. Man, this guy had some fucked up tattoos, or Wow! This guy had some cool ink!)

You get what you pay for. As long as you’re satisfied… That’s what really counts!

Original six
    Participant
    @original-six

@Sam-I-Am 136187 wrote:

That’s cool that you’re letting him work on you to a point.

I have a couple of pieces done by an apprentice. Since I got involved in this forum I’ve stopped though.

My skin is mine for all the rest of my life, and the people that will dissect me once I’m dead. (I can hear the medical students now. Man, this guy had some fucked up tattoos, or Wow! This guy had some cool ink!)

You get what you pay for. As long as you’re satisfied… That’s what really counts!

He a friend and has done all my tradotional work that ive posted on here , my chest piece and all the work on my leg so he is a verry good artist , he wanted to practice portaits , its only hos 3rd and I thinks its awsome

Zukei
    Participant
    @zukei

I don’t think it’s as bad as people are saying. Now, I’ve seen some god awful portraits which is why I’ve never considered getting one as a tattoo until recently. I think your artist did well with the face but his work with hair/beards will be something to focus on to get the little details down pat.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

I have a full sleeve made by a guy who at the time specialized in b&g and horror… Almost five years later, he’s know for his color work and get a ton of clients for it.
    What do I get in return, for being his guinea pig and the one who pushed him into doing color? My entire arm re-worked, up to 12hours work, for free. Fairly certain I’ll never pay full price with him for anything. He loves me for it, is really grateful and it’s something he can fix up. And I love the sleeve, he’s a good friend, and I don’t mind that it’s not world class ๐Ÿ™‚ So many great stories with that guy.
    So I get it! Not every tattoo you get has to be about hunting down the worlds best artist, sometimes it’s just as much about the artist, the story around it, etc.
    I’m guessing you don’t have some deep emotional meaning connected to it either, so I think its just a fun piece! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.