TiiffyRai94
Participant
@tiiffyrai94

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200599861342871&l=dfc30008d7

My first tattoo. It turned out bad, I got it when I was 16 in someones kitchen. The only thing that was professional about this tattoo was the gun and the ink. he used deodorant to get the image on my arm and then drew on some of the waves and they look horrible. Any advice? :confused:

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

Laser and a coverup. And do a better job of raising your future kids so they don’t make the same dangerous mistakes.

I’m glad the worst thing you got out of this was a bad koi.

TiiffyRai94
Participant
@tiiffyrai94

Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚ oh I’m gonna make sure they get a professional tattoo when they get one…

Call_me_Lola
Participant
@call_me_lola

Like GCL said, laser first, then a cover up.

Find an artist who’s work you love and ask them how many laser sessions you need to get rid of that POS. Then have them draw up something awesome for you.

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

By the looks of it, it have faded a lot? That would make it easier to laser it down to close to nothing. That would turn out to be good canvas.
If you don’t want to laser it… you would always cover it with an even bigger koi.

TiiffyRai94
Participant
@tiiffyrai94

I was thinking about covering it with a bigger koi actually. Cause i still want a koi. the guy that did this one sucked and didnt deliver what i was wanting.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

1175399_10200599861342871_1543308887_n.jpg

Go for it luckily it is light

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

If you want another koi, you should be able to find an artist to help you out.

(Welcome to the forum!) I liked reading your profile!

Zorba
Participant
@zorba

If you want the same subject matter, you “might” be able to improve/fix the one you have. As I’m not a tattoo artist, I have no idea if this is possible or not, but it would be worth talking to a good artist to see what s/he says.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

It’s a very light tattoo because it hasn’t been done properly, that can be covered easily depending on what you want to cover it with.

TiiffyRai94
Participant
@tiiffyrai94

was thinking about getting a bigger koi fish to cover it up. thats better put together. the water looks awful he didnt think the process through either…

poxphobia
Participant
@poxphobia

Well, the good thing about scratcher tattoos (sometimes) is that they are so terrible at what they do, that the tattoo isn’t placed deep enough in the skin, making it very easy to get rid of. And nothing was done right with this tattoo. You can’t even be sure the ink was good – it could have been expired, from an old batch now illegal, store wrong, etc. Most ink that scratchers get their hands on, is NOT good ink. Someone is selling it off for cheap for a reason. I have two bags full off tattoo ink at home, that I use to paint with. It’s expired or contain ingredients that have recently been prohibited. I could easily sell it for a good chunk of cash if I wanted to. I’ve had several offers. I how ever, have some integrity ๐Ÿ˜‰ I also have some disposable tubes, because the packing had been broken, so they aren’t sterile anymore. I got them to practice with a pencil. It wouldn’t be too hard for me to fool someone into thinking I knew what I was doing – and I’d have no idea!

So yeah. I suggest laser, and seek out a doctor and get tested for.. everything. Seriously. Even if it’s been years – some of these diseases don’t necessarily show symptoms anytime soon.

TiiffyRai94
Participant
@tiiffyrai94

I have been tested for diseases and all came back negative. THANK GOD… When iI went to join the navy they tested every body and when i went for my yearly check up my doctor asked about my tattoo and wanted to run some tests since I had a Yearly blood test coming up anyways. Due to my heart murmur and testing me for RA and stuff. So im good. The ink did seem a bit thick if you know what I mean.. But it didnt hit me until after ther fact.

poxphobia
Participant
@poxphobia

Wow, that’s great! ๐Ÿ™‚ Good thing you’re healthy!

Well, tattoo ink IS thick. If it’s pretty old, it can get a strange smell. Best tip is, if you’re worried, check the label. There is a “use before” date on them. (At least labels I’m known with)

TiiffyRai94
Participant
@tiiffyrai94

yep im glad but i missed my last one though. and I have developed arthritis in my shoulders back and neck and it sucks along with chronic migraines. So getting tattoos is like a relief for me and i always get the best night sleep after i get one if i dont sleep through the tattoo it self like i did with the one behind my ear. Cant wait to get another one and finish the one i have.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.