Adler
    Participant
    @adler

I haven’t been here in along time but I thought I’d show off my newest tattoo. It was done by Russ Abbott at Off the Map Tattoo in Mass. What do you think?
    f227804b-fb03-4d40-8e2c-fab4c5887a9c_zps4b5167e9.jpg

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Absolutely stunning love the finger waves

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

It looks great. Is there some significance to the blue hand / fingers in the water?

Adler
    Participant
    @adler

@Sam-I-Am 130907 wrote:

It looks great. Is there some significance to the blue hand / fingers in the water?

No just an idea he had for literal “finger waves” and just having a pointing hand guiding the ship but blending with the waves. He said he had an idea and I said go for it so it has a unique spin on a classic design. My gf doesn’t like the hand too much. Oh well.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Russ does killer work. Love it.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Love it and for what it’s worth I love the hands:)

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

This is such a cool piece!

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Adler 130908 wrote:

No just an idea he had for literal “finger waves” and just having a pointing hand guiding the ship but blending with the waves. He said he had an idea and I said go for it so it has a unique spin on a classic design. My gf doesn’t like the hand too much. Oh well.

I’ve never heard of finger waves.(although I have waved my finger in the past) It works in your tattoo though. I like it.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@Adler 130908 wrote:

My gf doesn’t like the hand too much. Oh well.

It is on your lower leg right? She won’t see it most of the time 😉

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

Looks really good. Congrats.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Dude 1050 likes on IG in less then a day you know it’s got to be good!

Amok
    Participant
    @amok

Epic, congratulations!

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@Sam-I-Am 130912 wrote:

I’ve never heard of finger waves.(although I have waved my finger in the past) It works in your tattoo though. I like it.

It’s a type of old-fashioned hair styles. Watch movies before 1950 and you’ll see finger waves all over the place. I think it’s really beautiful, elegant, and feminine, but I’m a lazy little bitch who can’t even put on eyeliner for work.

I love the tattoo.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

@GrayCatLove 130998 wrote:

It’s a type of old-fashioned hair styles. Watch movies before 1950 and you’ll see finger waves all over the place. I think it’s really beautiful, elegant, and feminine, but I’m a lazy little bitch who can’t even put on eyeliner for work.

I love the tattoo.

Yep love that style, can look very sexy:-)

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@GrayCatLove 130998 wrote:

I’m a lazy little bitch who can’t even put on eyeliner for work. (I love the tattoo.)

If you really were a lazy little bitch you would get your eye liner tattooed on! (I love the tattoo too)

I do remember that hair style!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.